D&D 4E Get WotC 4e's Online Character Builder to work or get a sub

MwaO

Adventurer
I'm going to write something up for basic details about how to do virtualbox+Win10, so everyone knows how to do that. Was on bad wifi for a week, but will likely do tomorrow.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
For reference in future, any thoughts on getting a compendium running independently of WotC in the likely event it is included in the shutdown (The Great Darkening lol)?

I have heard it's possible, but no clue how to do it, even if I did have a copy of the data.

MwaO

Adventurer
There's definitely already multiple options in existence, but I think they're killing the compendium, even though it isn't silverlight

Ketjak

Malicious GM
Hi! I've been using the DDI builders and resources and just discovered they're going away. I cannot find a good link to a replacement - they are all parked and redirecting to ad sites, or just dead. Should I go to the Discord, or does someone here know what to search for to find a good replacement?

Thanks! I haven't been to Enworld in a very long time, and it was good to see it still active.

Ket

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Should I go to the Discord, or does someone here know what to search for to find a good replacement?
I really hope there's someone willing to post about these alternatives, because I'm not all that interested in having to actually talk to strangers on Discord, nor sift through what they're saying in chat to dig out answers.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
For reference in future, any thoughts on getting a compendium running independently of WotC in the likely event it is included in the shutdown (The Great Darkening lol)?

I have heard it's possible, but no clue how to do it, even if I did have a copy of the data.

There are at least two of these online already (as in, online versions of the Compendium).

MwaO

Adventurer
It is reasonably well organized though and people are generally friendly and nice. And a high percentage of people who are either introverts or used to being around introverts, so not usually that bad.

Most of the people joining right now do something along the lines of this:
Join
Get asked why they're there
Say something along the lines of "Just looking/want to find something"
Get pointed to what they want to find
They say thanks

And that's it.

Remove ads