• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting all of 3.5 WOTC

Psion

Adventurer
dema said:
So, would it be worth having the entire 3.5 game?

The answer to your question lies in these questions
1) Are you a collector?
2) Are you going to use it (i.e., continue to play 3.5 in some fashion, or reuse those books in other games)?

If you answer yes to either of those questions, then yes, it could be "worth it".

bento said:
Someone mentioned buying WoTC books through the resellers on Amazon.com. I found one (bookoutpost?) that I can get many 3.5 books through, brand new, for about 1/3rd retail. I'll probably do this to finish getting the Eberron books, which you can always use for flavor.

OK. Dude. Thanks for posting this! I found a vendor called Alibris through a search from bookoutpost - Alibris aggregates different reseller's book inventories into a common search. I found one selling NEW 3.0/3.5 WotC books for about $5-6 bucks each. Hardcovers too? Yep. I originally skipped a lot of 3.5 books due to marginal interest level, but for these prices?... I just ordered 13 books! $65. - $30 shipping added to that, but this will be one mondo box when it arrives!

Glyfair

Explorer
Reminds me of a recent Dungeons & Dorks comic.
257_09032007.jpg

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
dema said:
Hello folks,

I do believe 3.5 was superior to 2e though not in being simple and easy to wing. 4E looks like it will take care of those issues and bring me back into the fold, maybe to DM again even.

So, would it be worth having the entire 3.5 game?

If you intend to play using 4e probably not as they will make everything obsolete on purpose.

If you intend to stick with 3.5 yes of course, it is a good game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads