Getting older is really irritating.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Mystery Man said:
Last night I'm watching Van Helsing and I get to the part where Van Helsing and Dracula meet for the first time. I close my eyes, and when I open them I'm watching the end of the movie. This happening more often than not. :eek:

Man, did you catch a break...

AuroraGyps

First Post
JoeBlank said:
Me, I have the sleepy problem more while reading.

I have that problem more and more lately. I used to be able to read for hours in bed, especially when something good was going on. "I can't stop now, I have to find out what happens... I'll just read the next chapter." :) Now, I can't stay awake to save my life. Real pain when I have to find where I left off in the bigger books.

devilbat

First Post
I've been having this problem trying to watch Deadwood on Sundays. I'm not allowed to watch the early broadcast, because it's on the same time as Desperate Housewives, and my wife would kill me if she didn't get her fix. So I wait until the West coast broadcast at 11:00 pm. I can make it through the first half, but never the second. Drives me crazy.

ShrinkyLink

First Post
Napping is the closest thing to heaven when you're 40. Trust me.

I tend to fall asleep when I try to read at night. Pour a glass of wine, sit down with a book, and then...gone.

But what's even more disturbing is the tendency for hangovers now. Hangovers from two glasses wine over three hours. I stayed up last night to watch Attack of The Clones and sipped two glasses of Australian Shiraz. Followed the rule of sipping water alongside. Go to bed. Wake up with a banger at eight this morning.

Maybe it just mental splinters from the Padme/Anakin love scenes, though...:D

JoeBlank

Explorer
Mystery Man said:
Any DnD book lately has me out like a light within 15 minutes.

Funny, this is not the problem for me. RPG books are fine, but I think that is because they are more "interactive". I read a little, think about how I could use that bit in my game, or for a character idea, which makes me wonder how it would work with such-and-such from someother book, which makes me pick up someother book, and so on.

It is fiction which tends to put me to sleep, which drives me craze because I have no where near enough time to read all the books I would like.

JoeBlank

Explorer
ShrinkyLink said:
But what's even more disturbing is the tendency for hangovers now. Hangovers from two glasses wine over three hours. I stayed up last night to watch Attack of The Clones and sipped two glasses of Australian Shiraz. Followed the rule of sipping water alongside. Go to bed. Wake up with a banger at eight this morning.

As I was reading I was thinking "oh, you need to be drinking some water between glasses of wine", but then I see you are doing this. I also find myself more prone to hangovers, but still do okay as long as I drink plenty of water.

ShrinkyLink

First Post
I've just been updated vis a vis hangover avoidance procedures for us old farts: apparently Gatorade sipped alongside wine is a good idea.

Other than not just drinking wine, but let's not talk crazy!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Mystery Man said:
Last night I'm watching Van Helsing and I get to the part where Van Helsing and Dracula meet for the first time. I close my eyes, and when I open them I'm watching the end of the movie. This happening more often than not. :eek:
Narcolepsy?

D-rock

First Post
JoeBlank said:
Me, I have the sleepy problem more while reading.

Do you ever have incidents where the book will slam shut, you wake up, and then you realize you didn't keep the bookmark in it and now have no idea where you were.

D-rock

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I'm 21 and I do it *all* the time. But - when I get tired, I just go to sleep... doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing.

In some classes school was a good place to do this. I found work was a good place to do this also. Not that I'm lazy, it was just that I worked 12 hours shifts that swung 12 hours forward or back every 2 and a half days(or it averege 2 and a half anyhow). It ended up really messing with your body.

My job was to run bags full of salt into a machine that would seal the top. Well one time about 10 hours into the night I just couldn't keep my eyes open. You get that action where your head starts bobbing up and down, you know what I mean. Anyway I knew I wasn't going to make it through the night, which is pretty bad considering I worked standing up. So on I went constantly falling asleep then waking up. At some point I went out cold and for a while to, although it didn't seem like it. When I woke up it seemed like it was instantaneous, but when I looked at the bag counter I had successfully put around 800 bags through the sealer while I was asleep. I don't know what happend. I must of been sleep bagging or something. Usually when other people fell asleep(not a rare occurrence)they either made a big mess, stoped working, or sent a bunch of unsealed bags along the conveyor. In that case they woke up when the other side of the factory called you to tell you to that they sent 80 unsealed bags to them. Looking back it was kind of comical when stuff like that happend even though it wasn't not very funny at the time. Well anyway, it was close to the end of my shift, so I finished up and went home. I was kind of freaked out though. Maybe when you do something repetivly your body learns to do it on a subconsious level.

Later on I found out some people did do this, but they only do a couple of bags asleep before they would wake up or send unsealed bags down the line. One person had gone longer than I did. Or so he claims he did. Which is kind of unfortunate, I really wanted the reacord. Hope you enjoyed my story.

Remove ads