Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Too fancy :p

You should listen to the Sequeliser podcast where they talk Ghostbusters and basically imagine a sequel by Edgar Wright in his usual setting of the English country side.

Point is, Ghostbusters stories set in different cities should have been the basic hook for sequels! They could easily have created a sort of 'universe', one that might be described as being 'of the cinema'. You know? :p

A Universe of Ghostbusters would be Cinematic!

Too fancy :p

You should listen to the Sequeliser podcast where they talk Ghostbusters and basically imagine a sequel by Edgar Wright in his usual setting of the English country side.

Point is, Ghostbusters stories set in different cities should have been the basic hook for sequels! They could easily have created a sort of 'universe', one that might be described as being 'of the cinema'. You know? :p
Dan Aykroyd's original script called for multiple groups of ghostbusters who traveled through time and fought ghosts in different dimensions wearing SWAT-like gear and using wands to battle ghosts. This idea was rejected as technically unfeasible in 1984. Supposedly, the special effects would have cost over $300 million. Ivan Reitman re-purposed the script as a "going into business" story to make it more accessible to audiences.

Undrave

Legend
Dan Aykroyd's original script called for multiple groups of ghostbusters who traveled through time and fought ghosts in different dimensions wearing SWAT-like gear and using wands to battle ghosts. This idea was rejected as technically unfeasible in 1984. Supposedly, the special effects would have cost over $300 million. Ivan Reitman re-purposed the script as a "going into business" story to make it more accessible to audiences.

They managed to do most that in the comics! Neat! The Ghostbusters get a dimensional portals from the TMNTs!

Nebulous

Legend
Slackers just lounging around a Ghostbusters office in a nowhere town in England where nothing ever happens. Most of the calls being just sweeping places with a PKE meters and not finding squat.

Perfect for Wright and his cadre :p

khw1ZYQ.jpg

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The Moscow franchise gets a call to go on a field trip: something scary is emanating from a certain bloody cellar in Ekaterinburg. The first layer of the mystery is to find the historical reference. Then the comedy and sci-fi hijinks can begin.

gyor

Legend
I'm looking forward to this movie, although cheerleaders for the 2016 movie are trashing this movie as hard as they can trying to ruin it for fans.

gyor

Legend
That's fair. Trolls trashed the 2016 movie as hard as they could, this just sounds like some kind of karmic backlash.

The people who trashed the 2016 movie weren't Trolls, the 2016 movie was a snooze. It was bad.

And those who are trashing this version are the same type of critics who trashed the Joker movie as a movie for Incels and I suspect it will have the same effect as it did for Joker. I predict this Ghostbuster movie will make over a billion dollars as well.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The people who trashed the 2016 movie weren't Trolls, the 2016 movie was a snooze. It was bad.

shrug. I liked it. My wife liked it. My friend and his teenage daughter liked it. Did a quick poll at work, and every respondent who had seen it liked it. So, while you may not have liked it, that's not universal.

The fact that the trashing started long before the movie was released makes it pretty clear that they weren't trashing it because of the film's actual quality, 'cause they hadn't seen it.

That's a bit that's kind of hard to get around, you know.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases