D&D 5E Giant Snails in Medieval Manuscripts.

Keep the stupid snail facts coming.

I'm in a creative binge and going to make demons based on that and Uzamaki (so tell me your favorite tells on these as well) and see where it leads. :D

Stormonu

Legend
Oddly enough, I've used giants snails in D&D ever since I watched the original Doctor Doolittle, and they travelled in a giant snail.

1656613863903.png

Richards

Legend
I just used a type of giant snail in my last game session...it was in the dream of a little six-year-old girl, who was trying to have a simple tea party with her stuffed animal, Mr. Bear, when the snail-babies started crying. The PCs had to help her rock all seven snail-babies to sleep, which was a bit of a problem at first because one of the 5 PCs had been "dream-kidnapped" by a night hag.

Crying Snail Baby 01.jpg

As all of this was all happening in the game, I had opened seven separate tabs on my computer, each set up to play an hour of crying baby noises. I had all seven of them going at once, which really helped set the mood.

Johnathan

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
I find the interpretation that they refer to "The wicked" from Psalm 58 compelling.
"As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away"​
So in my games, such creatures would tend to indicate that something's not right and that there is some wickedness afoot.

Even with a necro'd thread, it's worth pointing out how the carcolh was a very real (to the people anyway) European mythological monster from French folklore. It just so happens that I have it in my upcoming Twilight Fables book ;)

View attachment 253201
I used “Valley of the Snails” from Dungeon as a starting adventure for a still-going campaign in like 2017. I would have used this if it existed then. :)

Remove ads