• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giantkind Gloves

Ed Gentry

First Post
Hey all, need help in a hurry. I've got a game starting soon.

I just saw Giantkind Gloves. Am I reading this right that as an at-will Power, I can pick up any object under 30 lbs (including say a hammer) and chuck it at my enemies with a strength+2+die roll attack and deal 2d6+strength damage?

If so, why wouldn't every character who ever wanted to throw daggers (say...oh...I don't know...a rogue!) dream about these at night?

Thanks for a quick response.

Mort_Q

First Post
It's mighty nice for a hurler, no doubt... but it doesn't count as a basic attack, nor can it be combined with a power.

Unless object has a weird definition, it would work with well with a dagger, or what-have-you. Sneak Attack!?

Last edited:

RickVigorous

First Post
The throwing attack that the gloves give you doesn't have the [weapon] keyword, so you don't get proficiency bonuses, even if you throw a weapon. Thrown items don't return. The throw is always Strength-based, which means rogues who don't pump Strength won't get much use for it. You can't sneak attack with it. The range is limited by the power; some thrown items go further. You don't get enhancement bonuses from magic items when you make the attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads