• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giants in the Earth style thread - nominations for subjects

Glyfair

Explorer
If we were to hold a discussion thread ala the old Dragon column, "Giants in the Earth" (which created D&D stats for fictional characters), who would you like to see discussed first?

I believe it shouldn't be anyone currently done in a d20 game (leaving out Conan and the Game of Thrones characters) and probably not anyone covered in a currently licensed RPG. I also think it should primarily be fantasy oriented. It might be fun having Greg House as an NPC in your game, but creating a "standard" version involves too many translation issues.

It probably also should be some one pretty popular in fantasy fiction. I love Tanith Lee's Cyrion, but imagine only a few people here are familiar with him.

Who would you like to see discussed first?

A few to start brainstorming with...

- Iorek Bjornson
- Jack Sparrow
- Locke Lamora
- Jack Half-A-Prayer
- Bartimeus
- Severus Snape (the alignment wars alone would be worth the price of admission!)
- Ammar ibn Khairan and Rodrigo Belmonte

S'mon

Legend
Raven and Spellbinder from the cheesy (but fun) 'Raven' swords & sorcery books.

Thomas Covenant and Lord Foul - did they do Covenant orginally?

Flash Gordon, Dan Dare and Buck Rogers

Tarzan

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
In the order I'd like to see them done. Note that I'm mostly going for characters who I would find it interesting to see statted - there are other characters I might LIKE more, but who wouldn't be as interesting IMO:

Hyuga Ricdeau (Xenogears), to see if anyone can do a reasonable pre-epic version of superspy kung-fu Jeeves. :D
Solomon Kane (Robert E. Howard's stories about same), because he's Solomon Kane, obviously, and the license is in non-d20 territory.
Sam Vimes (Discworld), beacuse... OK, this one is pure favoritism. ;)
Havelocke Vetinari (Discworld), because I'm actually curious how he would be statted. Also, favoritism.
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7), too iconic to ignore, interesting to see how people would stat him.
Paul Atreides (Dune), because it would be interesting to see how he would be statted and the license is deadlocked.
Luca Blight (Suikoden 2), as one of the few characters who actually pulled off the high-level-D&D-fighter-slaughters-thousands-without-magic. ;)
Jonathan Strange (Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell), because I'm curious how powerful people see him.
Gilbert Norrell (Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell), see Mr. Strange.
The Gentleman with the Thistledown Hair (Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell), because we can always use more extremely powerful and dangerous fey.
Kahran Ramsus (Xenogears), because I want to see how people would template conditional immortality.
The Dead Man (Garret PI), I just want to see how people would stat a character who only interacts mentally.
Edgar Roni Figaro (Final Fantasy 6), to see how people would stat his tools (perhaps Goodman's DragonMech rules?). Also, favoritism.
Teela Brown (Ringworld and The Ringworld Engineers), both normal for the first book and with a... certain template for the second. ;)
Motie castes (The Mote In God's Eye), not a single character but a race (or group of related races, if you prefer); I'm curious how powerful people see them.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Vlad Taltos (Jhereg)
Sethra Lavode (Jhereg)
David Sullivan and Calvin MacIntosh (Tales of... series)
Simon/Seoman Snowlock (Memory Sorrow and Thorn)
Mercy Thompson, Adam Hauptman (Blood Called, Moon Called)
Harry Dresden
Tavi and Max, Steadholder Isana, The First Lord, a typical Canim, the Vord (Codex Alera)

Mycanid

First Post
I said it in the other thread, I'll say it here: I'd like to see someone "enstatificate" the folks in the Tad Williams' "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn" characters. :)

schporto

First Post
I'd like to see some more classical examples...
King Arthur and his bunch.
Robin Hood and the band.
Ivanhoe.
Gandalf, Frodo, etc.
Jason & the Argonauts
Siegfried
-cpd

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads