D&D 5E Give Me Any D&D Monster and I'll Homebrew You A Better Version

Twig, needle, and vine blights.
Also, can I see a bumped up to CR 1/8 lemure?
And just because I’m curious at what you’ll devise, commoner.
The nupperibo is kind of the "beefy lemure" in my view. I honestly am stumped on actual lemures, since their lore can be pretty tidily summed up with "totally useless", unless they've got a cool magazine article about them I haven't read.

Blights
Nupperibo
Commoner

Quickleaf

Legend
Can I present a curve ball? How about a D&D monster that is not written up like a monster? One of the things that kills me about the MM is the "gotta stat it all" mentality that eats up the word count. I get that in super rare cases PCs might fight a treant or a sphinx... but IME at least those are exceptional circumstances. Normally things like treants and sphinxes are a completely different type of encounter.

For example a Treant entry might have a "waking the treant" skill challenge, a random table of treant motivations, and then just a tiny paragraph of stat material. Or sphinxes... give me all the riddles and interesting "Tests of the Worthy"!

Sorry if this is deviating too much from your intent with the thread @Conflux Creatures , but it's been on my mind a lot lately. Been designing some hag villains, and even with Volo's, I wish there were more inspirational bullet points or tables I could consult.

Fifinjir

Explorer

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Wolf in sheeps clothing

AD220C06-3E70-4DC5-8551-3590C87D4FCF.jpeg

Remove ads