D&D General Give me potential nannies for three brass dragon wyrmlings

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Our intrepid band of 5th level adventurers ... um, random wanderers ... have with them a trio non-speaking of Brass Dragon Wyrmlings that they need to protect otherwise they are going to cause an archfey to break a contract an lose face. Regardless of that, the party has absolutely emotionally adopted the three.

Last adventure they realized that the CR 1 wyrmlings are fragile. Having recently arrived at a moderate sized port city in the middle of winter where they expect to set up a home base / spend a good amount of time, they are looking for a nanny to watch the wyrmlings while they are out and about.

The city is run by a guild council, has a lot of contact with the dwarven lands, and contact with the feywild is not unknown. But really, anyone (and anything that won't cause a public uproar) can be there, potentially bored during the winter months. Especially with no ships coming or leaving for a few more months (while not the northern-most settlement, it's the last city to the north. If it wasn't for the dwarven trade, it wouldn't be this size.) Active black market and smuggling, with a nod and a wink from the gendarmes as long as it doesn't get violent or impact the city itself much.

Next session is Sunday. Give me ideas for nannies for them to interview. (Players will enjoy doing it, and are just coming down off a high action session.) Wacky, terrified when they find out it's babysitting & teaching dragons, plot-laden, goldhearted criminal, obvious dragon kidnappers, whatever. I'm looking for a whole bunch of ideas so I can curate it based on how they advertise. Give me your nanny NPCs.

Last edited:

GSHamster

Adventurer
I'm a sucker for the classics, so a young noblewoman fleeing a marriage being arranged by her wicked uncle in different city (obviously she doesn't tell the PCs this). She's pretending to be a governess and looking for a place to lie low.

Naturally the uncle and/or bridegroom are sending out investigators to try and find her.

A disguised rival archfey who WANTS the PCs archfey patron/ally/whatever to lose face. It won't actually HURT the dragons, but will encourage irresponsibility, risktaking, and trusting those who should not be trusted.

Have her fly in with her umbrella catching the breeze, glamoured as a black-gowned governess type...

Blue

With all the Mary Poppins references, I guess I also need Yondu from Guardians of the Galaxy. Make him a wintering pirate captain who threatens regularly to eat the dragons if they misbehave.

Do tritons have blue skin? Then he could have a fin on the top of his head.

Blue

Oh, it's okay to give serious responses as well. :) This will be taken as a chance to insert some lightheartedness, but they will eventually be hiring one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases