• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gleemax = Enworld

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
molonel said:
Dungeon magazine!

Dragon magazine!

And, now we have ..... Gleemax!

What were they thinking?

No, actually we'll soon have:

Dragon -> Dragon Online!
Dungeon -> Dungeon Online!
nothing -> Gleemax!

There are bunches of names that sound really, really stupid when you first hear them, but with familiarity comes acceptance and affection.

EN World is really a very, very stupid name for a mainly D&D site. The EN means *nothing* to new people. It means something to those of us who've been around for 7 years. (eep!) However, because EN World has been around for 6 years or so, it has recognition value. It means something beyond those two stupid letters at the beginning.

Cheers!

MerricB said:
...EN World... It means something beyond those two stupid letters at the beginning.

Cheers!
Stupid?
Sacrilege!!!

That's like saying stoopid Victorian... wait...no it's not ;)

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise (from the PREMIER state)

carmachu

Adventurer
jrients said:
So we D&D players aren't "hardcore gamers" or "strategy, hobby and tabletop gamers"? Because that's who the press release says is their target audience. Heck, they mention D&D by name twice in that release. "Wizards of the Coast (WotC) will now provide gamers with a centralized destination online to get everything they want or need." except for everything they're putting in the Digital Initiative?

I'm going to blantantly steal a friends comments:

So, basically, they capped Dungeon magazine and Dragon magazine because Paizo was doing too good of a job and they risked competion.

They are going to be a social networking site, but they aren't going to compete with places like Enworld.

They are going to offer game reviews, but they aren't going to compete with game review sites.

Who are they going to compete with?

Myspace!

Riiiiight.

Warbringer

Explorer
Ok, its new, but...

ERROR CODE 64^$64. BEGINNING PHYSICAL MEMORY SCAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and yes it's there color code...how matrix of them..

Oh and gleemax... hmmm

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Herremann the Wise said:
Stupid?
Sacrilege!!!

That's like saying stoopid Victorian... wait...no it's not ;)

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise (from the PREMIER state)

Heh. I've lived in the Garden State, the state that was On The Move, the state that was going nowhere... and I haven't moved.

Cheers!

Michael Morris

First Post
Can EN World compete?

I am one programmer - they are many. I must spend 40-50 hours / week working on paying projects, they don't.

I spent so much effort trying to keep my prior job that I let my contract with WotC slip out of my fingers. Then again, they would never hire anyone without a degree on a permanent basis no matter how good or how much experience they had, so why invest in false hope?

Still, I can't remember a moment in the last year that I've felt more sad, more alone, and more up against the impossible than I do right now.

:(

dagger

Adventurer
Gleemax......... lol

Attachments

• Card73947.jpg
    Card73947.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 97

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads