• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gleemax is 10% useful=90% useless

Stogoe

First Post
Nytmare said:
or it freezes up IE.
Welp, there's your problem.

I've never had any problems with the boards or logging in to see the articles. But I'm on Firefox, which is always good.

I'd read the blogs, but I can't hardly find them. If they were easier to sift through, that'd be great.

hong

WotC's bitch
ki11erDM said:
Yep 90% useless is about right for an Alpha program. As long as they get it down to about 40% useless by lunch it should be good.
By lunch?

Talk about your killer schedules!

Stogoe said:

I've never had any problems with the boards or logging in to see the articles. But I'm on Firefox, which is always good.

I'd read the blogs, but I can't hardly find them. If they were easier to sift through, that'd be great.
I know as a geek it's fun to poke fun at IE, but it is the most used browser in most countries, if the gleemax code doesn't work properly in IE (which apparently it doesn't seem to, not that I'd really know) that's a serious newbie mistake on the part of the coders, not on the part of users.

SmCaudata

First Post
/shrug. My limeted exposure with Gleemax and IE7 has been okay. Info there is limited currently, so I don't visit too often, but no issues really.

I recently reinstalled my OS and just haven't bothered grabbing Opera or Firefox yet, but actually am finding that IE7 seems to rarely crash or have issues for me and it no longer is any more bloated that FireFox is. Doesn't have all the plugins that I like on FireFox, but it gets the job done. YMMV

Ian O'Rourke

First Post
Stogoe said:

While he's suffering the problem, I'd say if IE is problematic with Gleemax it is a very big problem for them.

I don't use it much, so I can't say I've encountered many bugs. I just think it looks thrown together and just seems to go out of its way to be ugly, awkward and annoying.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Works okay for me. Every day I log in, check the latest blogs, maybe post up one of my own, and check out the compilation every few days. But then I go for all the blogs and not just the developer ones.

The best thing to do, if you want to see it succeed and participate in the alpha as such, is to submit bug reports to the Gleemax Forum Bug Report section if you find any that you don't see listed as well as to offer suggestions on what you would like to see in the Beta/Final version of the site. The reason they went with a public alpha was so that they could collect feedback.

Sturgeon's Law: 90% of EVERYTHING is crap.

Which is to say that in using the worst possible cases to make your point you're hardly being objective in your assessment. Not saying you're wrong - just that you're not making a very well-crafted argument to support your assertion.

Incendax

First Post
I'd say the 90% Useless, 10% Useful division is intimately tied to the internet itself. How much junk do you have to sift through on a daily basis to find that nugget of golden info?

Then again, 90% of my posts are Useless, too.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Well, fortunatly it was pretty cooperative for me today...maybe it missed me...but in the past, 10% sounds about right.

IanB

First Post
What context are these bugs coming up for people? I've never had trouble logging in or any technical problems using it. Ease of use is an entirely separate question, but in terms of things actually functioning it has been fine. And that's using IE.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads