D&D 5E Goblinoid Navy Name?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I went to check my shelves, and maybe I never owned it, but this might have some ideas...

Just stumbled across it (it was stuck in 2e Skills & Powers right next to it on the shelf for some reason). It doesn't have any fleet names that I saw. It does have five pages of descriptions of how Goblins, Hobogoblins, Bugbears, and Orcs ("though not strictly goblinoids, orcs are often regarded by the ignorant as being little different") are viewed, 17 NPC crew templates of the various races for 3.5, and ship descriptions ranging from the ramshackle Goblin War Raft and Battle Barge to Hobogoblin ships that would fit in a human navy just fine. The Orc ones are built full enclosed due to the light sensitivity (and the ones pictured aren't as crude looking as the text makes it sound).

There are also two full pages and some paragraphs of story pieces.

"Skimming lightly out of reach of the goblinoid raft mass - Tarviel refused to think of it as a fleet - the gally pirouetted like a dancer, shaking off of her goblin hangers-on." - excerpt from one about Goblins

"And that ship they are sailin'? That one, right over there. Built it themselves. No they didn't steal it from us. They are good at wot they do, boy. Yes, I know they are gainin' on us..." - about Hobogoblins

"Orcs ain't the same as ya know' 'em on land. Not by a long shot. Ya see, orcs don't really go on the sea all that much - but when they do, they take 'uge great war fleets wiv 'em, 'undreds of ships stretchin' across the horizon. I know. I've seen 'em." - obviously Orcs. It also describes earlier why this phenomena would happen due to population pressures on islands they might inhabit.

Remove ads