D&D 5E Goblins and their "Curse of Strife"

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
I am trying not to be "that guy" I really am...but breaking someone from a "curse" by knocking them out or killing them...it being easier the younger they are...um let's just say I think this sounds like trying to "convert" someone whois "afflicted with unnatural desires" through torture...

Remove curse sounds better until it sounds like "pray away the curse"

I would not feel comfortable running this with LGBT players...

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
So I suppose you are also against drug addicts being denied drugs until they sober up or finish going through withdrawl?
Because they generally aren't going to be asking to get free of the addiction, particularly once the withdrawl symptoms begin kicking in.

Yes...yes I am...my god this is even worse then I thought.

I don't do illegal drugs...all of mine are prescribed. I get them at the pharmacy and am super careful of what I take... I have friends with similar pain issues to me that use pot. 1 lives over the boarder in a state that is legal and two live in my state where it is not. If someone came and beat them up and took them to lock them up to "free them" from the evils of pot I wouldbe pretty pissed.

I will even say I can even understand why they went the way they did for pain relief...even if I did not.

I also have an uncle that drinks beer every day. On occasion he makes screw drivers...both legal, but he is WAY more addicted to those then the peeps I know are to pot. However alcohol is legal even if it makes him mean sometimes...should people go beat him up destroy his alcohol and tell him it is for his own good?

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
I don't understand why we need race wide curses... most goblins are evil because theyhave been raised that way...some however find themselves not agreeing with said upbringing and as such there are good goblins out there...sounds way better...

Remathilis

Legend
I don't understand why we need race wide curses... most goblins are evil because theyhave been raised that way...some however find themselves not agreeing with said upbringing and as such there are good goblins out there...sounds way better...
Well, Bane is the God of Tyranny, it kinda makes sense he'd want his servants to be obedient slaves lacking total free will. It's easy to forget that Exandria is very divine-focused, and until recently the Gods were very active in the world. Bane isn't just a myth, he's personally slain mortals by the thousands. Wildemount is set in the new era where the gods influence is waning, but not yet gone.

Though to be fair, this thread has done a lot to prove to me that the issue isn't "that all goblins are evil" and more "that goblins are evil at all"

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
It doesn't matter. I'm just wondering how one can play D&D if they dissect and interpret everything in such a negative light.
I have played D&D since 1994. I have never not even in my first campaign had any race be all evil... in 2000ish my PCs not only made alliances with the kobolds in the sunless citadel but it became a major point that they made a powerful alliance that became an empire...with the ranger/sorcerer marrying a kobold and researching a way to have children through magic...

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
Well, Bane is the God of Tyranny, it kinda makes sense he'd want his servants to be obedient slaves lacking total free will. It's easy to forget that Exandria is very divine-focused, and until recently the Gods were very active in the world. Bane isn't just a myth, he's personally slain mortals by the thousands. Wildemount is set in the new era where the gods influence is waning, but not yet gone.

Though to be fair, this thread has done a lot to prove to me that the issue isn't "that all goblins are evil" and more "that goblins are evil at all"
It still feel weird and only half done...he isnt mind controlling them...he is not threatening them he is not even earning their praise...it just makes them "evil " unless someone didnt add something or I missed it...the taranny god dies not control them...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases