D&D General Goblins Eat Pickles???

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
The upcoming September set of miniatures from Paizo has as its special extra a goblin village. Among the things found in a goblin village is apparently... a barrel of pickles!

The digitally rendered image below is from the unreleased "Legendary Adventures" set.

pickle-barrel_pre.jpg

Since when are pickles and goblins a thing? Is this supported in previous literature? Is it Paizo-unique?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
This reminds me of a campaign we recently finished. We had a porter known as "The Box Goblin" who ran around wearing an extra-dimensional wooden box of holding, and who had a fondness for pickled foods.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Actually, there's a game on Paizo's 2nd ed youtube channel in which one of the characters is a goblin celestoal sorcerer who runs around healing wound with a variety of 'pickle' remedies.

Check out Oblivion Oath.

ccs

41st lv DM
Since when are pickles and goblins a thing? Is this supported in previous literature? Is it Paizo-unique?

At least since sometime in early PF1e. Back in 2013 I was a player in a game where my friend was running a Goblin alchemist. He kept trying to capture & pickle the Wizards parrot familiar. Eventually he succeeded.

I'm not sure what he'd been reading (probably whatever accessory book expanded details of goblins - you know, they have them for Tieflings, Vampires, Lycanthropes, etc), but he had to have gotten it from there. I say this because he's simply not creative enough to come up with the pickling thing on his own as a character quirk.

Remove ads