Golden Apple Rescue Squad ( Four Color to Fantasy campaign) Updated September 21th

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Teflon Billy said:
Nice stuff Horacio:)

You've inpired me to do a story hour.

I wish I had your utility with graphics:)

Thanks a lot, Teflon Billy!

The utility for graphics is simply Paint Shop Pro. You can donwload a fully functional version for free. But, since it not specefic for maps, you will have to spend a bit of time drawing basic things (like the cars on my maps ;))

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
And now let's begin the second adventure ;)

G.A.R.S. Chapter 2: The Anvil

Scene 1, First day at work...

D: - So you're the new ones... Welcome to the team, guys.

The two new recruits arrived to G.A.R.S. Manor at 8 a.m., in full hero uniform, waiting to find an ultramodern building. The look of their faces when they saw the "Manor" and the other three G.A.R.S. members in civilian clothes taking coffee was so amusant that even Blueskin laughted.

Soon after, Dandy shown all the complex to Grav and Tikey, including the somewhat secret underground training facilities and the small hidden heliport near the cliff. They were given a desk, and computer with fast internet and a coffee mug, and their first day at work began quietly.

banner03.gif

11:32 a.m.

The group was training in the underground facilities, in a great room that Dandy had called Danger Room (she thought it was a very original name :D). They had simulated an accident where a school bus had crashed over a bridge against a truck transporting nuclear waste, and both vehicles were going to fall in a river. The flying capacities of the two new members proved to be very useful to the team, Tikey used her telekinesis to lift the "damaged" waste barrels from the truck without touching them, and to put them in sealed containers while Dandy and Grav took the children out of the bus. The others did also a good job, Rubbergirl tied the bus to the pillar of the bridge with some rubber ropes to give time to the fliers, Blueskin took some lampposts and used them to leverage the truck while Tikey took the barrels, and Grenadier explosed the closed cabin door to rescue the truck driver. In some ten minutes the situation was under control. No victims, no damage.

D: - Now, guys, a five minutes break, and then we must redo it, this time under eight minutes!

banner03.gif

1:47 p.m.

The group was lunching at the nearby Harold's when Dandy mobil phone began to ring.

D: - Yes, Mr. Eastroad, we will we there under fifteen minutes!

It seemed that a cargo ship from South America had suffered some kind of accident that put them in danger, including a uncontrolled fire on board. The ship cargo included some hundred tons of chemical waste to be recycled in an US site, and if that waste finished under the sea the ecological damage would be irreversible. The Coast Guard had been called, but someone in the ship had shot them with high caliber weapons and they couldn't approach. It was clearly a work for the G.A.R.S.! The ran to the Manor and donned their uniforms. An helicopter waited from them in the small heliport, they were going to be carried to one Coast Guard ship that they would use as operation HQ.

D: - Another helicopter trip... I begin to hate these things.

banner03.gif

Next one this soon. Very soon.
Your comments are always welcome!

Arwen

First Post
Hehehe!

Dandy's player arrived!

Horacio has talked sooooo much about the story hour he was writting that I thought it was time to come back to EN World and read it ;)

While he has changed/edited some minor things (like ommiting the non-Eric's-gramma-approved phrases I said when Dandy dropped in the first round of the first combat... :D) the story is fairly faithful to the gaming sessions.

Arwen, if you don't mind me asking, do you have any concerns or complaints about the supers rules? I was one of the authors of the book, so I'd like to hear your criticisms, if you have any.

Arwen

First Post
Well, RW, there was a thing that puzzled us in the first session: there are no pushback rules. You can hit supervillains, but you cannot send them flying across the street...

We houseruled it for the second session, but it would be nice having official FCTF rules about it. Maybe in that big book of powers?

Lela

First Post
Arwen said:
Well, RW, there was a thing that puzzled us in the first session: there are no pushback rules. You can hit supervillains, but you cannot send them flying across the street...

We houseruled it for the second session, but it would be nice having official FCTF rules about it. Maybe in that big book of powers?

You can't throw the villen back? And you can't be thrown back yourself?!? You gotta fix that RW. That's a must if I ever decide to buy a Supers game.

D'ah! I originally thought a Bull Rush would cover this, but then I realized that for you to move someone really far with a Bull Rush, you have to follow them.

After thinking on it for about half an hour, I realize that it's a fairly difficult ability to model properly. I'll work on it this weekend, and post it on this thread by Monday.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
RangerWickett said:
D'ah! I originally thought a Bull Rush would cover this, but then I realized that for you to move someone really far with a Bull Rush, you have to follow them.

After thinking on it for about half an hour, I realize that it's a fairly difficult ability to model properly. I'll work on it this weekend, and post it on this thread by Monday.

And I'll post our house rules, and they we'll compare them, o.k.? ;)

Seriously, RW, it's a very very minor problem in one of the best d20 products I've bought.

Lela

First Post
Horacio said:

And I'll post our house rules, and they we'll compare them, o.k.? ;)

Seriously, RW, it's a very very minor problem in one of the best d20 products I've bought.

Shhhhh! He's going to fix it!! Don't tell him until he's already done so!!! And always use increasing amounts of exclamation points after every sentence you type!!!!

Remove ads