• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Golden Ice (BoED)

Imruphel

First Post
Machiavelli said:
(snip)Still, the justification for HAVING this free, unlimited biological weapon pouring out of your hands is... silly. It seems like something a horrible abberation would possess, not a holy warrior.

This is how I feel about it. I don't have a problem with the rules as much as I do the flavour... especially as I refer to it as the "touch of holy urine" feat.

UltimaGabe

First Post
Aleolus said:
Well, the point is that Golden Ice, and thus, Touch of Golden Ice, only work on vile creatures who serve darkness and evil. Therefor, they are not "biological weapons" as you meant it, they are holy tools to rid the world of evil.

Oh, I greatly disagree. True, only good characters can use it, but it's a biological weapon that good creatures can use without any fear of being affected by it. Horrible, horrible idea.

Aleolus

First Post
UltimaGabe said:
Oh, I greatly disagree. True, only good characters can use it, but it's a biological weapon that good creatures can use without any fear of being affected by it. Horrible, horrible idea.

Only if you favor evil or neutral characters. If you want your characters to epitomize the stereotypical Paladin ("Detect evil first, smite second, ask questions later), then it's perfect, because it gives them even more that they can use in their crusade against the Forces of Darkness!

starwed

First Post
If you want your characters to epitomize the stereotypical Paladin ("Detect evil first, smite second, ask questions later), then it's perfect, because it gives them even more that they can use in their crusade against the Forces of Darkness!
But isn't it an exalted feat? I thought the whole point of the book of exalted deeds was that you get these powerful abilities, but you have to live up to extremely high standards or lose them. (And "asking questions later" won't cut it.)

glass

(he, him)
Imruphel said:
This is how I feel about it. I don't have a problem with the rules as much as I do the flavour... especially as I refer to it as the "touch of holy urine" feat.
Yeah, ravages and afflictions. Chapter 1: Poison & deisease attacks are evil. Chapter 2: ...apart from these poison and disease attacks, because we changed the name. Makes. No. Sense! :confused:

That said, in the case of ToGI there are plenty of rules problems too.

glass.

green slime

First Post
glass said:
Yeah, ravages and afflictions. Chapter 1: Poison & deisease attacks are evil. Chapter 2: ...apart from these poison and disease attacks, because we changed the name. Makes. No. Sense! :confused:

That said, in the case of ToGI there are plenty of rules problems too.

glass.

Agreed. Ban ToGI Today!

glass

(he, him)
Jack Simth said:
It's in there - Monsters/Monster Types, Subtypes, and Special Abilities/Nonabilities/Charisma
Silly me, I looked under Ability Scores.

If I'd thought about it, I'd have realised I didn't see Nonabilities at all, and kept looking. Must have been having a senior moment. :eek:

glass.

Remove ads