• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gomez's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game: OOC

Vendetta

First Post
Gomez said:
"Yes, it is indeed a terrible. But what do you have to do with Mr. Elias?" says Kensington. Jack sees that the other man in his office, is intently watching your conversation with Mr. Kensington. There is also a middle aged woman in there but she seems to be engrossed in a letter that she is reading. You are suddenly aware of the man you almost ran outside is now behind you and he seems to be taking in what is going on too.
Before I answer this question from Mr. Kensington, I'd like to know what I know about the murders. What does Jack Chance know about Emily's murder? (Which is what he's basing the murder of Mr. Elias on, I imagine)

Gomez

First Post
Vendetta said:
Before I answer this question from Mr. Kensington, I'd like to know what I know about the murders. What does Jack Chance know about Emily's murder? (Which is what he's basing the murder of Mr. Elias on, I imagine)

Ok,
Here is what you know. About 9 months ago, You and Emily had a dinner date but when you went to pick her up at her apartment she was not there. You when looking for her but you could not find her and no one knew where she was. About 4 days later, a friend in the NYPD called and had you come down to the morge. There was Emily, her chest and belly had been cut open and that symbol carved into her head.

c18.JPG

You did some snooping around found out that there had been several other deaths just like Emily's. The same M.O. The word on the street was that it was some wacked out Voodoo cult. But when you asked around in Harlem everyone was tight lipped about it. Saying that they knew nothing about it. You figured that they were hiding something almost afraid. Finally you got a tip. You were supposed to meet someone at a dockside warehouse who had some information on the murders. Shortly after you got there, you where hit from behind and knocked out. When you awoke, you saw Emily crouched over you. You pretty much lost it and ran from the warehouse. After that you started drinking and didn't care much about anything.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
It's a particularly derisive bit of profanity which, idiomaticly, calls into question the man's breeding. Literally, it insults the man's mother's privates. Something which would certainly start a brawl if uttered in a coffee house full of Arabic speakers. Childish, yes, but still satisfying when delivered with a smile on behalf of foreign darkies everywhere, and Jibril is only 22, after all. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads