• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gomez's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game: OOC

yangnome

First Post
I'm still here. I've been checking on the thread, but there hasn't been a real appropriate place for Father O'Malley to get involved IMO. He was caught with his trunk in his hands...

FYI, I am going through a very busy period IRL. If you see my last seen date, it is my last time seen on this thread. This game is all I have time for on Enworld for the next few months. If it seems I've abandoned the game, or if you are waiting for a reply from me, feel free to email me at myusername@myusername.com (substitute my user name of course), post for me or both.

Gomez

First Post
I just found out that Isida is going to be MIA for about a month. I know things have bogging down after the Ju-Ju House but hopefully we can get things back on track. I can run Miriam while Isida is away or would you rather we take a break?

Maerdwyn

First Post
I'm willing to leave that decision to Isida - we can wait if she prefers, or continue on with you running Miriam and catch her up later.

yangnome

First Post
I agree with Maerdwyn. That said, I think I might be a bit hesitant to let the game sit for a month for fear that we won't be able to round eveyone back up to continue once Isida returns....I'd hate to have the game die because we decided to take a short break, which seems to be a common occurrence with PBP games.

Vendetta

First Post
Maybe we can send Muriam on a "mission" where he character is best suited and she can simply be on that mission for the duration of time that Issy will not be able to play. Then she can rejoin the group easy enough without the group losing time to play.

Narfellus

First Post
Hi All. Masks is a great one, huh? Just a point of interest, your roleplaying aspects are much stronger in this PbP than my pen and paper game. Our JuJu House showdown was done on a battlegrid with 20 cutout 1" miniature cultists glued to pennies. It was a messy massacre that ended with the party struggling by foot through snowbound NY city, dragging an unconscious and severely wounded Japanese American karate instructor.

Neat to see how others play through the same scenario. Our games happen to go a little faster (the medium is more conducive to that) but there's still a ton of stuff left. They just lost their first player last session (two weeks ago) in a brutal sneak attack with gatling guns, but no one's gone insane yet (other than terrified and frantically running).

Enjoy.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
If I can add to Vendetta's suggestion, have her travel along over with us. She's a Spiritualist or something, correct? You can have her get involved with an investigation of a haunting -- there's no shortage of them in London! Most likely, her psychic talents would come in handy there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads