Gone to layout!

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Morrus said:
Heh. Even *I* haven't seen what it looks like printed out yet. You printing it in b/w or colour?

Don't waste all your ink on this though - you'll need to print out the final version on Monday or so! :)

It's not my ink, it's the (empty) Electronics Department's ink ;)
And it' only b/w. But believe me, it's PRETTY!

Last edited:

FullTinCan

First Post
Morrus said:
Horacio - bad news, I'm afraid. It doesn't look like it'll be ready in time for your first session (it should be ready by Monday, though - just a few odds and ends left to do).

If you like, I can send you the current version for free...

I'm doing it for Horacio because he has been vocally enthusiatic about it from the moment it was announced. And because he has a game planned for tomorrow!

Morrus, this is why you rock! Helping an addict get his fix ;) Actually, its good to see you giving a free advanced copy to Horacio.

Horacio, best luck with your upcoming session. I hope that you are able to start a Story Hour forum before the book is released, so that Morrus can get a "preview" posted.

I am eager to get the book, but I don't know if I can convince the misses that it is a "must have" item. So I will await your review.

Last edited:

Lizard

Explorer
I'm confused.

Since Captain Marvel and Superman have nearly-identical powers, why is one easy and not the other?

If you can do the Hulk, you can do the 'Guy changes from one form with no powers into a totally different form with powers', so, why not CM?

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I can not wait to get my hands on this book. I have been waiting, and waiting and waint... It seems the time is almost near.

92 Pages? Thats a lot to print. How much of that is setting and characters and such?

Actually, it's more of a problem that I don't really know the whole story of what Captain Marvel can do. For the Hulk, he just has to take the Circumstance Suppression restriction "does not work when not angered" for all his powers. If Captain Marvel can just say Shazam and become captain marvel, it's almost not a restriction at all. If I knew more, I could give a more accurate answer.

Lizard

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
Actually, it's more of a problem that I don't really know the whole story of what Captain Marvel can do. For the Hulk, he just has to take the Circumstance Suppression restriction "does not work when not angered" for all his powers. If Captain Marvel can just say Shazam and become captain marvel, it's almost not a restriction at all. If I knew more, I could give a more accurate answer.

Hm. How do you handle things like "Bruce Banner: Int 16, Hulk: Int 4"?

Yeah, CM just has to say "Shazam", but, really, in both cases (Hulk and CM, and, for that matter, Thor/Don Blake, and several others), you really have TWO characters. Thor can't perform surgery, for example. Some sort of 'dual embodiment' option is needed, with each character having their own skills, stats, levels, etc. (Doc Banner is a medium level Expert (Scientist), Billy Batson is a first-level Commoner, etc)

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
The book rocks!

Absolutly!

Best d20 supers game ever. Seriously, I don't want to tease you (well, I want, but that isn't the matter), but it's truely good.

The main difference between this and the other d20 supers is that you can use this one (i don't know if Morrus would let me tell you the final title...) with other d20 games, over D&D or Dragonsatar, or Spycraft, and game balance is mantained, very elegantly.

More on Monday... ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Lizard said:

Hm. How do you handle things like "Bruce Banner: Int 16, Hulk: Int 4"?

Yeah, CM just has to say "Shazam", but, really, in both cases (Hulk and CM, and, for that matter, Thor/Don Blake, and several others), you really have TWO characters. Thor can't perform surgery, for example. Some sort of 'dual embodiment' option is needed, with each character having their own skills, stats, levels, etc. (Doc Banner is a medium level Expert (Scientist), Billy Batson is a first-level Commoner, etc)

There's an alternate form power, but it doesn't go quite to the extent of having two separate characters. That's definately an idea for the Big Book of Superpowers, though.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
I must confess I am anxiously awaiting this . . . looking forward to seeing how this compares with the New Improved Monk class I've been working on (who is forbidden from using magic items of any kind, but makes up for it with cheaty super-powers, some of which are similar to what Morrus and RangerWickett described).

Monday, eh?

*drool*

Remove ads