Gone to layout!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Psychotic Dreamer said:
Couldn't resist. I've been waiting for this since it was announced. Between this and Dragonstar stuff I'm getting used to waiting. ;)

There's actually a story behind it. At the last minute, our artst, who had pretty much a book full of art for us suddenly disappeared. We didn't want to commission new art, so we waited around a while, tried to contact him in all sorts of ways, all to no avail.

Eventually, we just had to start from scratch again on the art (JL Jones came through like a trooper!).

Just this morning, we got an email from the missing artist. Turns out he's been in hospital for the last few months having been run over by a truck - quite a serious accident, apparently - lots and lots of broken bones. He's back now, and his hand, which he feared crippled for life, is well on its way to recovery.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Morrus said:

Just this morning, we got an email from the missing artist. Turns out he's been in hospital for the last few months having been run over by a truck - quite a serious accident, apparently - lots and lots of broken bones. He's back now, and his hand, which he feared crippled for life, is well on its way to recovery.

:eek:

Sometimes reality is more bizarre than fiction

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Morrus said:

Wow. That is very bizzare. Well I'm glad he is well. Very sorry to hear about the accident.

Lizard

Explorer
Morrus said:

I'd call that a valid excuse...

In my line of work (programming), we are continually nagged to document our code because "What if you get hit by a truck?" I have always wondered why the hypothetical can't be "What if you win the lottery?"

Good thing the guys hand recovered. I am deeply envious of anyone who can drawn, and I'd hate to see someone lost that gift.

netnomad

Explorer
Comments and Questions...

First off I just wanted to say great job! This was the kind of thing I have been looking for. I have been making classes left and right to fit in my campaign how I can use the "toolkit" to make some really unique villains. Woe is my players! :)

I also wanted to mention it looks great printed out on a color laser. You guys did a much better job with the layout on this than Wild Spellcraft.

I do have a question though. Where is the quick print OGL stuff? That was one of the things I really like about PDFs. I used to cut and paste the relevant stuff and use it as handout for my players. (Such as spell descriptions) You can't do that with print products. Custom made info to go! :)

David The NetNomad

We did that in Wild Spellcraft, but we got perhaps 2 comments on the attached rtf file, one of which was probably, "I don't really mind it." So we thought it wasn't worth the effort of padding the zip file with an extra few hundred kilobytes. If there'd been more interest, we'd still be doing it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases