Good Adventure for Thieves

Jack Simpkins

First Post
I think that if you constructed a whole party of thieves you could get there. You'd have to adapt muli-role classes. Thugs instead of warriors, clerics that prayed to the gods of pilfering etc. Instead of taking the thief out of context, build context around the thief. Think Oceans 11 D&D style.

Haven

First Post
"Blood Money" in Dungeon Magazine#200
I loooved it, but it requires a diverse set of PC skills, some magic, some thieving etc. It is a Heist adventure.

If the party is all thieves: I think "Thief's Challenge" is also one of the best times I have ever had playing D&D. Easily adaptable to a small party instead of a solo thief that it was written for. Especially if everyone can sneak, and bluff.

"House of Cards" in dungeon mag#19, is about the Deck of Many Things, but I think IIRC involves heavy thieves guild activity.
95% of D&D players fall into the same trap. They want to be the most feared SOB on the battlefield. A fighter is true to form but a mage always wants the spells that do the most damage in combat and clerics do the same. Most people play their characters like fighters. I don’t. I love playing thieves and assassins. My characters are so successful because I build and design them to be the best thief from the start. My characters are almost useless on the battlefield. They can set traps and do a little damage on the battlefield but can’t allow himself to draw fire. All his stats go to thievery and stealth. In his element no other character can do the job. My most powerful character was a duel class Psyonsist Thief and all my abilities were geared towards thieving. After a while the character was unstoppable as a thief but useless on the battlefield. Imagine a thief that can walk through walls and teleport, read minds and tell if someone is lying. So if you build your character correctly and play to their strengths and not like a warrior you will be one of the most valuable players in the group.

Remove ads