D&D 5E Good low-level dungeons?

J-H

Hero
We had session 0 last night, and the group picked a mostly-episodic dungeon-crawling option.

The world (or the continent at least) is recovering from something similar to the fall of Netheril or spellplague, plus some type of curse put on food production/agriculture, as well as a Warforged uprising. These all happened in the last 500-1500 years, and humanoids are just starting to expand back out of a number of refuges. This is why there are plenty of abandoned forts, bunkers, crashed flying cities, old ruins, etc. to explore.

What are some free or DM Guild dungeons of small to moderate size that are good for 2nd-6th level characters?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
There's a boatload of free-to-download adventure modules for all levels over on dragonsfoot.org but note they're all for older editions; you'll have to convert. Also check their "footprints" e-magazine, there's often adventures embedded in those as well (the latest issue has what looks like a good one, though it's for somewhat higher level than you're after).

Wide variety of quality, production, etc. but you're bound to find a few gems if you dig around.

Yora

Legend
My campaign has a similar premise and I have both The Caverns of Thracia and The Forge of Fury on my list. Not necessarily dungeons to start the campaign with, but looking really good to follow up with on the first few orientation adventures. The Sunless Citadel is also highly regarded as an introduction for new players, but not so sure how interesting it is for players already well familiar with the game.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
My campaign has a similar premise and I have both The Caverns of Thracia and The Forge of Fury on my list. Not necessarily dungeons to start the campaign with, but looking really good to follow up with on the first few orientation adventures. The Sunless Citadel is also highly regarded as an introduction for new players, but not so sure how interesting it is for players already well familiar with the game.
Good recommendations but it appears the OP is seeking free material; and unless the OP is either a) able to borrow a copy or b) into piracy, none of those are free.

Yora

Legend
Or DMsguild. :p

There's also a 5th edition conversion on DNDBeyond that used to be free, but apparently isn't anymore, which is now $2 more.
At $5 and $7, they are both pretty cheap.

Remove ads