D&D 5E Good low-level dungeons?

Yora

Legend
Awesome map, terrible dungeon design...
It was literally slapped together in 5 minutes to show new GMs who never made a dungeon that you can slap together a small dungeon in 5 minutes and have something to play.
It's purpose is to show the first step into learning how to make dungeons. The process of making it was supposed to be the "content", not that weird little thing that was left by the end. Not something I'd recommend as a great dungeon to run. (Though of course you could if you want to.)

J-H

Hero
Thanks for posting that. I remember listening to the video (Youtube while moving portable cattle fences, I think), but never saw the illustration.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Take six minutes and include multiple entrances and some decisions to make. Better dungeon, better lesson. :)
Nah. This is genuinely intro level. One of the virtues of the Delian Tomb is that it's compact and straightforward enough for newbies to actually play through the whole thing in a single evening. It introduces players to a number of basic concepts in an efficient manner.

I agree that "Jaquaysing" your dungeons, with multiple routes through, loops for non-linear exploration and being able to encounter stuff in different sequences, vertical connections, multiple factions (etc.) is absolutely best practice for most dungeons. But when you're literally looking for a "five room dungeon"/single evening intro for newbs, something compact and direct like the Delian Tomb very much has its place.

Remove ads