D&D (2024) Good morning, humans! What are you inspired about today? +

OB1

Jedi Master
The new human racial ability in the UA playtest made me smile so much when I read it. Such a beautiful mechanic to represent the boundless optimism of our race. So how about a thread to share what you are inspired about when you wake up?

For me today, it's that I'll be able to help my start-up company overcome some challenges that we are facing right now related to the small number of new films coming out over the next few months.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I love reading about new editions. Even when I read things I dislike, I still enjoy learning about how they are expected to work. What went into the design decisions, what are the goals? It's a really fun time of discovery and connection with other gamers across the globe.

Well, waking up yesterday to learn that a new edition/version/thingy had been confirmed was rather inspiring, and intriguing, and other words starting with in-.

Good to see that, along with the human ability, inspiration moving in from the fringes.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Planning to try Mass Effect: Andromeda for the first time this weekend. Playing a new (for me) BioWare game for the first time in a long time (and the first time doing so blind in even longer) has got me pretty excited.

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
I get to play DnD this morning! Due to time differences between Japan and the States, my wife and I play at 9 AM local time while our friends play on Friday night. We’re coming to the end of our campaign soon, and I’ve been running on huge amounts of creative energy because of it. At least it isn’t going to sputter out!

Also the 1DnD playtest has me excited. I was very worried that it was going to be minimal with almost no changes, but the first packet has me hopeful that they’re going to be willing to actually make some substantial adjustments and I’m looking forward to see what those are. Also reminding myself to save all packets just in case we get another Next situation where a lot of good ideas get sucked out by people who don’t like the change I want.

payn

Planning to try Mass Effect: Andromeda for the first time this weekend. Playing a new (for me) BioWare game for the first time in a long time (and the first time doing so blind in even longer) has got me pretty excited.
Did you play the original Mass Effect?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Did you play the original Mass Effect?
Yeah, I played the first when it came out but never finished it and didn’t play the sequels until the recent Legendary Edition. But by then the ship had sailed on playing them blind as I picked up most of the plot beats through cultural osmosis. Andromeda I’ll be able to do (mostly) blind because nobody ever talks about it except to make fun of the facial animations (which I understand were much improved post-launch).

payn

So, this morning I was priming some Battletech minis to paint later. I was thinking about the 3D VTT offering coming for D&D. I use Foundry and 2D is just fine, but 3D does seem to be pretty cool. Although, a 3D VTT for Battletech would flip my lid. So, I am really hopeful this thing takes off and sets the standard for VTTs for the future.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases