• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good vs Evil: D&D Wargaming

Tyreus

First Post
(I understand. Gotta take risk sometimes... As for the spell turning, he has to activate the ring. He can't in a surprise round. I figure that even if the spells dont succed, it will make the baddies paraniod.)

Zan scries on the dragon, with him and Dan switching spell casting untill one of them succeeds. (no more then 2 times each) If everything is like before, then they will each cast Greater Invisability, Fly, Stoneskin, and Repulsion(60 ft) on themselves. Then greater teleport inside the cave, at least 100 ft away from the dragon, but not more then 120 ft away. They will each cast an enlarged finger of death (120 ft range). Let me know what happens after that. If I see something else while scrying, let me know, and I will state different actions.

Fieari

Explorer
When you scry, you witness the dragon in his cave, speaking with a druid.

EDIT: Sorry, they noticed your scry and stopped talking when they did... so some of the information I previously posted here needs to be cut out.

You do overhear the dragon say "buff yourself up and cast elemental swarm. Then make me smaller to fit through the mirror".

Last edited:

Tyreus

First Post
I set my troops on full alert, then I send a message to Axorius. "I think the enemy is going to attack soon! The dragon is with a druid and he said, buff yourself up and cast elemental swarm. Then make me smaller to fit through the mirror. I'm attacking now!"

Then Dan and Zan teleport immediatly to the enemies location, Zan casting finger of death on the druid, and Dan casting the same spell on the dragon. They both then cast quickened greater teleports if either of the baddies are left standing, going back to the cavern.

Last edited:

nameless

First Post
EDIT: Lots changed there. =]

[ooc: I just looked at Clairvoyance and it's changed since 3.0, and the mirror's entry seems to not realize this. It has long range instead of unlimited range in 3.5; that seriously hampers Clairvoyance as a means of divination.]

I want the Archons to all teleport to the location that Zan and Dan saw, with orders to touch the Mirror and teleport back to the Skylance with it, barring that to shoot the mirror until it breaks, and barring that to spread out and attack the dragon and druid. Teleport back if there is significant resistance, and if any of the powerful characters fall, teleport back with some of their equipment or a piece of flesh, if possible.

Last edited:

Fieari

Explorer
Wasn't expecting an attack so soon. Right now I'm setting up the battlefield... finding out EXACTLY where the dragon and the druid are located. Will post back details once that's settled.

Edit: Oh, when the Dragon detects the scry, he says he has a message he wants to pass along to you, verbally, through the sensor:
"You :):):):), :):):):), :):):):), :):):):)ing mage. When I get my hands on you I am going to make you suffer for all time. I'm going to cut off your hands and tongue and roast you alive, healing you just enough to ensure you stay conscious the whole time. I'm going to hunt down your family, your friends, everyone you ever met and slaughter them while you stand by watching, helpless. Then I'm going to raise their corpses to torture you themselves, while their spirits are bound and forced to watch. I'm going to give you to my troops to be eaten alive, regenerating you afterwards so it can happen again and again and again. I'm going to burn out your eyes and replace them with festering maggots. I'm going to defile your body and soul in ways you can't even begin to imagine. Then I'm going to get serious.
Good thing you're showing up on his doorstep, so he can make good on his threats... hehe. Or not, as the case may be. We shall see shortly.

OOC: That's a total of 21 for an intimidate roll on the dragon's part.

Last edited:

WizWrm

First Post
Within Zedrihar the marut burned a singular purpose, appointed by the powers of law: to destroy the Lich King, he who had denied death for so long. Holding this in mind, Zedrihar had gathered a small company about himself and then cast them all across the planar winds. Thus, as a magnet is drawn to its opposite, so Zedrihar soon landed in the Free City of Blueshore, the place that was to be the rallying point on this foreign plane. He quickly took control of the city, spending several months fortifying Blueshore's capitol hall and primary court as his stronghold. Meanwhile, Zedrihar sent forth hundreds of animal scouts, and soon discovered that not only was the Lich King entrenched within dangerous and virtually impassable terrain, but that he was rumored to be defended by at least a half-dozen full-fledged armies of the undead, and worse.

Fortunately, there were allies to be had within this world as well. One, especially, that might be sympathetic to his extraplanar cause.

The message arrives and Zedrihar summons his forces to the main square. He clutches the sapphire of communcation within his hand and calls out, "Axorius! We must not fall so soon. What preparations have been made in defense? Respond in brief - this sending lasts no more than twenty-five words."

Fieari

Explorer
Tyreus said:
They both then cast quickened greater teleports if either of the baddies are left standing, going back to the cavern.
Wait a minute. How do you intend to do this? 7th level is your highest slot, Greater Teleport is 7th level, and even Teleport is 5th. Quicken raises a spell's level by 4. Quickened Teleport would be 9th level, quickened Greater Teleport would be 11th level, which I don't think is even possible (epic spells are all considered 10th level, after all).

nameless

First Post
He's got a rod of (greater?) quickening, that lets him apply the metamagic feat spontaneously to a spell 3/day without raising the spell's level.

EDIT: re: Your rules question... when I said shoot the mirror, I meant with the Lantern Archons' rays. Not an arrow, but pretty similar damagewise. I'd still prefer to take the mirror whole if one of them can see it and fly over with their move, teleporting with it as the 50 pounds of objects as a standard action.

Last edited:

nameless

First Post
WizWrm said:
The message arrives and Zedrihar summons his forces to the main square. He clutches the sapphire of communcation within his hand and calls out, "Axorius! We must not fall so soon. What preparations have been made in defense? Respond in brief - this sending lasts no more than twenty-five words."

"Forces throughout the country are mobilizing. I've sent emissaries to the major cities, warning them of imminent attack. I've mobilized my personal mobile fortress also."

Tyreus

First Post
(Yes, I have a rod of greater quickening. Dan and Zan are just teleporting in there and casting the finger of deaths. Then they will teleport away, if the generals aren't dead, hoping the lantern archons will get the mirror. If both of the generals are dead, I'll decide from there.)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads