• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good vs Evil: D&D Wargaming

Tyreus

First Post
Are Dan and Zan able to see the druid or dragon? If so then Dan will cast his disintigrate on the Druid, (30d6 each, if it totals their HP then they die, no save) while Zan will use a quickened widened fireball if he can without affecting an archon. (10d6 pts, reflex DC:24, 40ft radius burst, 3rd lvl slot) If he can't avoid an archon, then he wont widen it. If theirs still one in the area, then he wont use the rod, waiting for next round. Now that the dragons not to much of a threat, they get to play with the druid. Both wizards have reactive counterspell, which lets them counterspell without readying an action. If I can see the two generals, could I get their locations on the map?

Fieari

Explorer
The stench of fear fills the room. A flurry of motion, and the Dragon attempts to use his body as a shield for the rest of the room, nobly throwing himself in front of the Wall of Force, wings spread to block all sight. A ten foot whirlwind reaches from the floor to the ceiling, devestating all creatures it touches (14 this round, 8 Mephits, 6 Archons).

The wall of force drops, and in that instant, the Dragon Breathes his firey breath. And at the same time, Dan unleashes his deadly magic...

And as the dragon vanishes from this mortal realm with a word, Zan is given line of sight to the druid...

And that was that. You have little trouble mopping up the remaining Air Mephits, Kobolds, Ravens. The Mirror vanishes, sent back to the airship. The Hoard is yours. The cavern is yours.

Last edited:

Tyreus

First Post
Zan turns to an archon and ask if he would be so kind as to inform his master of their victory. He then gathers the hoard along with the dragon and druids items, and then waits for word to come back from Axorius.

Last edited:

Fieari

Explorer
On the Airship, however... there's a teensy littly itsy bitsy problem. And that is this: The Mirror remains open, and the enemy army is still pouring through. You must either break the mirror, or fight off hoards of monsters...

Starting with about 8 werewolves, three already aboard.

Tyreus

First Post
Hmmm... Dan still has two 7th lvl spells left.... He will cast mages mansion and put the hoard in there. Then they will both teleport to the airship. Does that sound good?

nameless

First Post
As the battle ends and the lesser minions are demoralized and defeated, lantern archons begin to pour back to the Skylance where Axorius awaits. The first of the archons have gone to sound the reveille (sp?) for the troops to come to the main deck of the ship where the remainder of the evil forces are trickling through the mirror's portal.

Axorius stands proudly in front of the mirror, ready to tear anything else that comes through to shreds. He also dispatches a messenger to Dan and Zan "The portal remains open at the Skylance where a small number of evil minions have come through. We will have time for chat when the fight it truly over."

actions: Axorius will stand in front of the mirror in order to threaten (possibly gaining a surprise AoO on) anyone coming through. If the forces pour out too quickly, he will cast a wall of force in the same space as the portal, attempting to block it. The Bralani will assume whirlwind form. Tell me who else is present and I will give them orders as well.

WizWrm

First Post
"My forces are already gathered outside my stronghold in Blueshore," says Zedrihar through the sapphire to Axorius. "We await only your direction."

Fieari

Explorer
Turns out a cheeky liuetenent has taken command of the druid's army, and is ordering a retreat. The few enemy units who boarded your ship flee it, and if you do not initiate conflict with them, they do not do so to you. Whoever it is also seems to know the command words for the mirror, which you do not.

The mirror closes. It reflects your face. All it will ever do until you unlock its mysteries.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads