• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goodman Games Dungeon Alphabet

Nebulous

Legend
That's a great story, it really made my evening.

I remember how I felt when I was an 8th grader, reading my AD&D DM's guide... I could never imagine reading it cover to cover, but I knew that book cover-to-cover. I could tell you where any particular rule or discussion was... it was because I was always searching through it, looking and reading through sections out of order, as was necessary to help me run my early games. The magic item tables... environment stuff... you get the picture.

If this book creates that feeling for even 1 kid, then it is a success.

I would say the Dungeon Alphabet is indispensable to any new player of the game. If you are a parent looking to ease your kid into Dungeons & Dragons (any edition) and you have a fondness for old school, i would buy them this book in a heartbeat. There is really nothing to NOT like about it unless you were expecting something different. The art is evocative and the charts, while simple compared to more rigorous texts devoted to sheer options, works more than well enough to jumpstart creativity.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads