• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goodman Games Releasing 4e Adventures Prior to October 1st

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Scribble said:
yes... because I'm guessing they aren't using the GSL for reasons I posted.

That's a legal quagmire and something I don't think any 3rd party publisher should/would attempt. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows? Time will tell...

Scribble

First Post
JVisgaitis said:
That's a legal quagmire and something I don't think any 3rd party publisher should/would attempt. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows? Time will tell...

Not really.

The GSL says here's how you use our brand, and trademarked stuff in your games. Goodman strays pretty far from that stuff, for reasons I posted already. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
JVisgaitis said:
The heart of the thread is how can they release a pay for product before October 1st.

Which is too bad, I liked it better when the thread was about the actual content of the modules. I'm not sure why everyone cares about the rest, actually.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Zaukrie said:
Which is too bad, I liked it better when the thread was about the actual content of the modules. I'm not sure why everyone cares about the rest, actually.

Because it directly influences how soon you can get 3rd Party support?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
How?

Either they are releasing them at Gen Con, or not. Why they can or cannot do this is really irrelevant, no one knows why they are doing this, and no one else has said they are going to. The whole discussion really does not actually influence what we get or don't get.

I sometimes like to have discussions about things for just discussing them, and that's cool, but the discussion itself answers no questions about October 1, and no other 3rd party has said they are going before October 1, and even if they are, this discussion won't influence that one way or the other.

pr1

First Post
JVisgaitis said:
I think Chicago...

Chicago indeed. I actually emailed Joseph Goodman about that, because one of their older modules had a location on a residential street a mile from where I live (Atlanta; his old address was in Ormewood Park). My roommate, I found out, knows his parents....

Filcher

First Post
Maybe it's a "Buy one 3.5 module at full price, get one 4E adventure free!" deal. [/jk]

Regardless, at Gen Con, I will be at the booth, plunking down my cash for the first 4E adventures. Convenient that Goodman Games is directly across the aisle from Wizards of the Coast. One stop shopping for all your 4E needs.

Last edited:

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Zaukrie said:

It does for me. If I find out that we can release paid product before Oct 1st, we would try and have something ready for Gencon. Granted, its a few months difference, but you would get it sooner rather than later.

Zaukrie said:
I sometimes like to have discussions about things for just discussing them, and that's cool, but the discussion itself answers no questions about October 1, and no other 3rd party has said they are going before October 1, and even if they are, this discussion won't influence that one way or the other.

No, it doesn't answer any questions, but it rules a lot out. Maybe the thread gets big enough and is noticed so someone from Wizards or Goodman comments and lets us know how this is transpiring. Who knows?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
See, that first part makes sense. If you are someone that wants to sell stuff, understanding when you can sell is important. Most of the thread looked, to me, like non-publishers talking and conjecturing (and now I'm feeling silly for continuing this....).

anyway, i continue to be excited about the fat dragon games' stuff being included, and a battle map. Very cool.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads