• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Google SketchUp artists?

12rounds

First Post
I tried it and dumped it.

It's easy and fun to use, but the free version of the software doesn't allow exporting in any usable 3d format. You would need to buy the pro package to get basic exporting to other applications. With the price tag of 495 USD ... no thank you.

ZombieButch

First Post
I've played with it just a bit. I haven't had time to do anything with it in awhile, but I started building a little town with it just to try it out, and so far it's been pretty fun just to play with.

Attachments

• Town1.jpg
    Town1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Town2.jpg
    Town2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Town3.jpg
    Town3.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Town4.jpg
    Town4.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 102

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
palehorse said:
I've played with it just a bit. I haven't had time to do anything with it in awhile, but I started building a little town with it just to try it out, and so far it's been pretty fun just to play with.

Nice!

I'm thinking of using SketchUp to create the basic perspective and outline for buildings, and then paint over it with GIMP...

ZombieButch

First Post
Pyrandon said:
Soon after Jurgen posted this, someone over at The Cartographers' Guild "Reference Material" forums put up an inspirational link to a series of SketchUp pics. The link sends you to the Goodman Games "art & artists" forums, where an architect by trade screen-named "None the Wiser" did an extensive series of perspective shots of a castle & town named Wildsgate.

Check it out!

Neat! Sketchup is just ridiculously fun to play with. There's a great how-to podcast for it, too, The Sketchup Show. It made me realize pretty quickly how many things I'd been doing the hard way!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads