Google Wave?

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Why was I added to the ENW Google Wave?

I don't want to take part, and don't want to be included as a member of it.

Please remove me from the wave.

EDIT:
I "unfollowed" it, but I never joined. I'm kind of bothered by the fact that I was just added without asking.

weem

First Post
Quick clarification...

Were you added to a wave within Google Wave, or do you mean you were added to the Google Wave "User Group" here at EN World?

<edit>Or a third option I have not listed? hehe</edit>

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's nothing to do with us. EN World doesn't have any official Google Wave activities (I don't even understand what it is, despite several poeple explaining it to me!), although I understand that some folks here do use it.

weem

First Post
Yea, I mean, I created the Google Wave User Group here a while back, but I can't force anyone to enter... I can invite someone, or they can simply join (it's public).

In Google Wave, someone CAN add you to their wave if they have your contact information, and you would immediately see their wave and any activity in it. I have not used Wave in a week or three though so I'm not sure about activity there at the moment.

francisca

No idea how I got onto it. I got an e-mail that said I was in, and sure enough, I had access.

It said in the wave that "weem gave everyone access to this wave" or somesuch.

It's nothing to do with us. EN World doesn't have any official Google Wave activities (I don't even understand what it is, despite several poeple explaining it to me!), although I understand that some folks here do use it.

Well, I believe you, but you might want to make an announcement that you're not the one doing this, and perhaps those using it shouldn't be using the name ENWorld, as it sure the hell makes it look like an official function of ENW, especially since you've been making the push into social networking beyond a messageboard.

weem

First Post
No idea how I got onto it. I got an e-mail that said I was in, and sure enough, I had access.

It said in the wave that "weem gave everyone access to this wave" or somesuch.

Would you mind posting the entire email? What address it was sent from? Was there any other information such as who may have invited you (aka, were there any other names in the email of any kind... user names... email addresses, etc)?

francisca

Would you mind posting the entire email? What address it was sent from? Was there any other information such as who may have invited you (aka, were there any other names in the email of any kind... user names... email addresses, etc)?
here:
from Google Wave <wave-noreply@google.com>
to <my e-mail withheld>
date Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 8:05 PM
subject weem, Stephen, testgooglewave@googlegroups.com and others ... Welcome EN World Members and Guests!
mailed-by unified-notifications.bounces.google.com
signed-by google.com

hide details 8:05 PM (14 hours ago)

Google wave
preview
1 new wave in your inbox
Welcome EN World Members and Guests! - 7:58 pm, 29 Apr
107 unread of 107 - weem, Stephen, testgooglewave@googlegroups.com and others
This is the Wave for EN World EN World is the world's largest Dungeons & Dragons fan community and news site with a slew of social networking features, blogs, a …

apparently, a bunch of us got added, I know not by who or why. It really bothers me that someone could gleen my e-mail from somewhere, and associate it with ENW. I've never configured my ENW account to allow e-mail from anyone but mods, for example, and I don't think my address is generally available.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well we certainly didn't give anyone your email address. Perhaps someone you know?

I can't really offer any constructive suggestions here, but it's nothing to do with us, that I can promise. Like I said, I don't even know what Google Wave is!

francisca

Well we certainly didn't give anyone your email address. Perhaps someone you know?

I can't really offer any constructive suggestions here, but it's nothing to do with us, that I can promise. Like I said, I don't even know what Google Wave is!

We're cool, Russ, I'm not blaming you (personally or collectively). ENW Meta just seemed like the obvious place to ask.

I have no idea if somebody added me, but I would think I would have gotten an e-mail from someone. I'm not really that active here anymore, either.

HEy... I feel left out! I want in to the enworld google wave!
Nobody likes a wannabee.

Remove ads