• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Got Me a New Set of Dice...

Glyfair

Explorer
Scribble said:
Anyon else have any good tricks for decursifying dice?

Hackmaster has a whole chapter on dice care. In fact, I'm surprised there haven't been more complaints that WotC has steadfastly ignored such important gaming information.

Gothmog

First Post
Mark Hope said:
I keep my original Torg d20 separated from my other dice in order to prevent cross-contamination. You can't be too careful with that dice - it's charmed. Players in my last group asked me to retire it and only use if for "special occasions", so feared had it become.

Thats weird- my old Torg die is greatly feared at my gaming table, and has been hidden several times by players. It has a habit of rolling exactly the worst outcome for the players when I'm a DM, but it doesn't seem to work when I'm a player. This is a blue and red speckled die with white numbers?

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Gothmog said:
Thats weird- my old Torg die is greatly feared at my gaming table, and has been hidden several times by players. It has a habit of rolling exactly the worst outcome for the players when I'm a DM, but it doesn't seem to work when I'm a player. This is a blue and red speckled die with white numbers?
That's the one. Clearly the Torg d20s were imbued with vast amounts of Possibility Energy, working as Darkness Devices in miniature for those GMs worthy enough to earn their favour :D...

Thurbane

First Post
I had a green d20 that was literally blessed, rolling 19s and 20s far more often than it should.

Then it turned on me - 1s and 2s, and always on critical saves...

So I wrapped it in a teatowel, pulverised it with a hammer, and kept the remains in a small jar, as a warning to my other dice.

True story. Some people say I'm insane - I think I'm special. :lol:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I have three "levels" of d20s I called "the PC Killers." They have increasing likelihood (at least anecdotally) of rolling 18, 19 or 20. I usually start a session by asking my players, “What level of PC killers should I use today?” Or, “I am feeling merciful today and will put the PC killers aside for now.”

Remove ads