• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Got my Gamma World!

Negflar2099

Explorer
I want to know about the abstract ammunition rules please. :D I freaken hate tracking ammunition in sci-fi/modern games but I apparently smashed my head too often as a child to think of a better solution.

Festivus

First Post
I think the ammo thing was covered in a preview. If you take more than <x> shots, you are out of ammo, otherwise you aren't. I can't remember, but I think <x> = 2

Droogie

Explorer
The maps are pretty, and the book is tidy, there are some pretty significant gameplay changes, outside of the cards, at first glance such as: no healing surges, even fewer skills, broad weapon classes, abstract ammunition rules, no feats, faster leveling, fewer levels, higher damage, less healing, no action points, and of course, using Primary/Secondary Origins as opposed to Race/Class.

All told it looks like it is going to run faster and more deadly than D&D 4e, while still using the core mechanics.

hmmm, interesting. It seems like the PCs are as stripped down as your typical 4e monster. I always thought it would be fun to play a fast and dirty 4e game where the PCs were built with the DMG2 companion rules rather than the full classes. GW almost sounds like a post-apocalyptic realization of that idea.

Deverash

First Post
I want to know about the abstract ammunition rules please. :D I freaken hate tracking ammunition in sci-fi/modern games but I apparently smashed my head too often as a child to think of a better solution.

You do either 1 of 2 things. Either you only attack with the weapon once, in which case you are being conservative with ammo, and still have ammo left. Or you can fire as much as you want, and at the end of the encounter you will be out of ammo until you can find more(which is basically a GM call).

Zorch

Explorer

kmfdm

First Post
Thank you for such great sheets!

I was about to suggest a Second Wind box but looks like you added that.
Another idea was a check box on the Attacks table for ammo.

After 3 games already the sheets & power cards were fantastic.

Alphastream

Adventurer
Interesting choices for equipment. I find that many of those are things a player would just jot down on their PC sheet. I would actually prefer to see cards for the starting gear.

MVincent, a DM in our area, made up several handouts and DM aids for PAX. You can see them on my blog. The handouts are a cheat sheet for the game (covering the weapon types and skills), origin cards so you can hand them out easily and each player can have a reference, and really cool full-color ancient junk cards (with every ancient junk type).

Remove ads