[GR/M&M] Mutants & Masterminds Second Edition on the way

Nikchick

Explorer
MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS SECOND EDITION ON THE WAY
Green Ronin to Publish New Edition of Hit Superhero RPG

June 6, 2005—Seattle, WA: Green Ronin Publishing is proud to announce a Second Edition of its smash hit superhero roleplaying game, Mutants & Masterminds. Originally released in 2002, Mutants & Masterminds won multiple ENnie and Pen & Paper Awards and went on to sell out several print runs while supporting a successful line of high quality supplements. Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition, will ship to the hobby and book trade in September of this year, with Green Ronin releasing a series of teasers and previews in the three months leading up to its release.

“Mutants & Masterminds has been an amazing success for us,” said Green Ronin Publishing President Chris Pramas, “but we knew the time was right for a new edition.”

“Three years and tens of thousands of active players have proved the strength and flexibility of the Mutants & Masterminds game,” adds designer and line developer Steve Kenson, “but they’ve also shown us how we can make the game better. Second Edition will do just that.”

The new edition will be a 256 page hardback that continues the game’s tradition of glorious full color presentation and outstanding art and design. A full product description follows. For more information on Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition, see the FAQ on www.mutantsandmasterminds.com.

Mutants & Masterminds Roleplaying Game, Second Edition

Designed by Steve Kenson
Cover art by Ramón Pérez

256-pages, hardcover, full color
MSRP: $39.95
GRR2501
ISBN: 1-932442-52-9

Mutants & Masterminds has been called “the best, most exciting superhero RPG in years.” It sets “new standards in design and presentation.” It has won multiple ENnie and Pen & Paper Awards and it appeared on every critic's "best of" list for 2002. Now the World’s Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game is even better! Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition, takes the best of the original edition and supercharges it to make it the most complete, detailed, and fun superhero game yet! In this 256-page hardcover with a stunning new cover by Ramón Pérez, you’ll find a complete roleplaying game that's a perfect starting point for your own comic book adventures. Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition, has everything you need to create your own superheroes and villains. It also offers more than a dozen ready-made superhero archetypes and even more ready-to-use supervillain archetypes, plus two introductory adventures so you can start playing right away. Don’t let your super-powers fall behind! Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition, will take your game (and your heroes) to the next level!

Company Information

GREEN RONIN PUBLISHING is a game company from Seattle, WA that was founded in 2000 by ex-Wizards of the Coast designer Chris Pramas and White Wolf co-founder Nicole Lindroos. In addition to its own lines of award-winning games, Green Ronin is also the design house for Games Workshop's new roleplaying division, Black Industries, and it designed and developed the new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

Media Contact: Nicole Lindroos ( info@greenronin.com)

Razuur

First Post
Zowie, that is good news. I was about to buy my revised first edition copy, but now I'll hold off.

Sounds like you have a definite winner here. Looking forwards to seeing the new version!

Razuur

Karl Green

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Hehehe. And they were expecting Green Ronin to design a DC Comics-based RPG.

:lol:

They have not said that they will NOT yet :D
Not that I think there is a HUGE chance that GR will write it (still hoping but doubt), they might do it as a different system... I mean they are still coming out with MORE Freeport, Advance, Thieves World, and Warhammer stuff... sure seems like a lot of stuff to me ;)

thundershot

Adventurer
When this was first announced many moons ago, it was around the time I was going to buy it. So now the time is coming... and I shall finally make the purchase. I hope the GM book gives advice for people who want to run an M&M game with standard d20 characters as well... If not, no biggie, as it won't stop me from joining the M&M bandwagon. :D

Chris

remial

First Post
hopes for 2nd edition

I love first edition a great deal, but I hope that 2nd includes the stuff from the annual like Attacks of Opertunity, power dreation, variable cost weeknesses, and the like.

Remove ads