D&D 5E Gracklstugh

Motorskills

Explorer
So....the infected myconids in Whorlstone....

Did they come from Neverlight? If not, how did they get infected?

(If they left Neverlight, it was on Phylo's orders, to spread Zuggtmoy's pandemic, which makes excellent sense)

If yes, why is Rump-A-Dump uninfected after such a long journey? (I like to think that he is immune for some reason, maybe Stool would be immune for the same reason*)

*and maybe they can protect one PC each

I'm planning on having Sarith return, as a kind of super-spore-servant. Clearly no-one is home, but the Sarith-thing will retain some skills and spells.

I think that yes, they most likely came from Neverlight. It's explicitly stated, at least, that Rumpadump knows the way to Neverlight Grove.

As far as what they're doing, they could be spreading the infection. Or they could just have started twirling and dancing and ended up wandering off.

Rumpadump could be immune, or just not interested. The lead Myconid is described as not being particularly hellbent on giving the PCs Zuggtmoy's Gift. But either way, the question comes up, what the heck is Rumadump doing with them? He's clearly not buddy-buddy with the infected...

I dig the idea of Sarith coming back as a monster.

So....the infected myconids in Whorlstone....

Did they come from Neverlight? If not, how did they get infected?

Remove ads