• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gran March Adventure

Trollbabe

First Post
Galen and Jerol take it upon themselves to fetch firewood as Thalmarose asked. Draydo scratches his head and replies: "Well the creature is too large for me to drag alone..." He then looks to the others for assistance in moving the corpse.

-- Assuming a fire is started and corpse moved. --

The night is quiet and the sounds of the forest are somewhat comforting after the encounter with the undead. Through the night the winds shift and by morning there is a strange odour in the air. Smells like something being burnt... its not your fire as the odour is not the smell of wood burning... maybe pitch or oil of sometype.

Your party begins to follow the goblin trail and the smell gains strength. You reach the edge of a wooded ravine and peer over its edge to see the entrance to a cave far below in the side of the rocky slope. Its entrance is marked by a large braizer burning. This is the source of the odour and the goblin trail leads down into the ravine.

The mouth of the cave is at least 15 feet across and from your perch on the lip of the ravine you see no sentries. Two ravens peck at the corpse of a man not far from the cave mouth face down in a shallow creek that runs through the bottom of the ravine. The remnants of an old mining camp lie broken around the bottom of the ravine also. Shattered timber and a few rusted mining carts.

Jerol moves back from the edge: "This must be the old howling mine. It was abandoned years ago... Miners said they hit a buried river and flooded the low sections..."

Arkhandus

First Post
Thrang Hymnir, gnome sorcerer

"Well, hopefully that means there ain't much for us to search down there. We surely don't have a lot of time to waste in our rescue mission." the gnome says, starting to march down into the mine. Thrang keeps his crossbow leveled in front of him, a bolt loaded and ready.

Trollbabe

First Post
Galen and Jerol flank Thrang and move down the steep ravine with him. Draydo is not far behind. Thrang reaches the floor of the ravine amongst the mining camp debris and can see the cave opening quickly narrows to approx 5ft wide and 6ft high. It plunges deep into the side of the ravine and is dark inside. Thrang's keen gnomish vision allows him to see no guardians inside the cave's entrance.

Arkhandus

First Post
"Well, someone needs to light a torch or something to light the way. I can't really handle this big ole' crossbow without both hands, so someone else will have to carry the light. I can make light with my magic for a few minutes, but not all that long. One of you shieldbearers willing to take point?" Thrang says.

Then he focuses for a moment to produce four small, glowing orbs of light in mid-air, hovering 10 feet in front of him and a little above, which he keeps at that distance for the next minute. If nobody brings a torch by then, Thrang will chant a few words to make his crossbow glow like a torch for the next 10 minutes.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Sorry," Rowan says. "Got no torch" Her scimitar is drawn and held in her right hand. Her left hand stays on Tiki, her tiny fingers curled through the wolf's soft fur.

Trollbabe

First Post
The cave is damp and the smell of decay lingers in the air. There floor is sloped downwards and two grooves are cut into the floor. (No doubt mines cars once moved up and down this tunnel.) Thrang's lit crossbow illuminates the tunnel ahead and Jerol leads the party into its maw. The tunnel plunges nearly 100 feet into the ravine wall until it opens into a chamber roughly circular and 20 feet across. Broken mining equipment lies in ruin against the walls, picks, shovels and wheel barrows. A tunnel leads to the west and another to the east. The old abandoned mine is quiet and still.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"What c'n ya find, girl," Rowan whispers to Tiki. "Which way now?"

ooc: She'll see if Tiki can find a decent scent, and go that way, unless someone has a better idea.

Remove ads