• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grand List of iPhone Apps for D&D Gaming

mpattee

First Post
i4e 2.0 is now available through the iTunes app store. You can find it here. You can access the new online editing for characters at i4e Import Manager, you will see a link to the 2.0 import site. Upload a .dnd4e file or save a character from the application and then you can edit all the information online. If you have a DDI account you can access most of the information while editing.

fitret

First Post
I'm working on a DDI compendium viewer for Android and I'm running into problems with authentication. Has anyone here been successful in getting their app to directly authenticate with Wizards, or is everyone just redirecting to the website and letting the user login there?

Kragash

First Post
I'm working on a DDI compendium viewer for Android and I'm running into problems with authentication. Has anyone here been successful in getting their app to directly authenticate with Wizards, or is everyone just redirecting to the website and letting the user login there?

I think most (if not all) just redirect to the website...which makes it frustrating and possibly impossible to incorporate in an aesthetically pleasing way in iPhone or Android apps.

I've been so pissed off and frustrated by this issue that I hand copied a lot of the information into my Character4ge and Character4ge Redux application. The downside is that my app will never be up-to-date with the DDI compendium...the upside is that my app is independent of the compendium, does not ever need an internet connection, and contains probably 100% of the info casual players will use and maybe 75% of what hardcore players use (i.e. the remaining 25% is powers, feats, races, classes published in Dragon magazine).

tenkar

Old School Blogger
I grabbed 9JA69KYRA3N7. Ill give it a look on my iPad later. Not an avid 4e gamer, but got the books and the right app might change my mind... slightly ;)

Thanks for letting us give this a test drive.

Kragash

First Post
I grabbed 9JA69KYRA3N7. Ill give it a look on my iPad later. Not an avid 4e gamer, but got the books and the right app might change my mind... slightly ;)

Thanks for letting us give this a test drive.

No problem. As soon as the iPad is released in Canada, I'll be able to test and make an iPad version of Character4ge Redux. In the mean time, let me know how well it works on the iPad.

Jack99

Adventurer
How do you use the promotional codes? I only get the option of typing in my pw in order to pay for the app, as I normally do with other apps.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads