• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Great lines from "House"

Just_Hal

First Post
This week: "I am going to get a plastic surgeon to put that twinkie back in the wrapper."

I am sure there are more.....continue.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I watched House for the first time last night. Strangely, what got me interested was a MAD TV skit that had me both laughing and flabbergasted at once. I figured, "if the show is anywhere close to this parody, it should be a blast to watch." :)

And I was not disappointed! The Doctor (House) is a FRIGGIN' LOON! Is the only reason they keep him on staff because he's right so often? A guy who dresses like he stole from the Salvation Army's "reject pile," takes pill-cocktails like breath mints, and who cuts cold medicine like cocaine and snorts it - YOW! :eek:

The rest of the cast is furniture compared to Hugh Laurie.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
The idea is that he's Brilliant! and while he's always been a bit cranky, he's gone
totally nuts since he had a coronary in his thigh. He's in chronic pain and he doesn't
want to be doing the doctoring any more. He wants to live off his money and spend
his time feeling sorry for himself. After all, he's so damn good at it. Away from them
awful people.

But the hospital won't let him leave because he's so brillaint.

So he's their big gun. He only takes cases that nobody else can diagnose. And he
has his own doctor staff that does all the heavy lifting he doesn't like, like running
tests and, forgawdssake, dealing with those damn pesky annoying patients and,
fercryinoutloud, their loved ones. Ugh.

Shallown

First Post
I think I love house mainly becuase they don't try t o make him likable. Yes he does have his good points but they don't turn him into the Big bad bear with the heart of gold, hard on the outside and soft on the inside. He's a cynical SOB inside and out. I like that they took that chance. I want him to be human but not soft hearted.

He works becuase he has to. His mind is like sherlock holmes it has to solve the mystery. He has a hell or high water way of doing it.

Later

Mad Hatter

First Post
I loved the Mad Tv skit. They are so good at impressions. While I was watching the skit I was thinking "Man, I wish I had recorded this!"

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
He doesn't talk to the patients because they always lie.

I like his clinic duties. Those are always the funniest. One guy came in cause he got "hurt" at work. They were both goofing off cause they would both have to go back to work when the patient left.

guedo79

Explorer

Stacy Warner: You avoid work like the plague, unless it actually is the plague.

Dr. Robert Chase: How'd you like it if I interfered in your personal life?
Dr. Gregory House: I'd hate it. That's why, cleverly, I have no personal life.

[House is popping pills]
Orange patient: What is that? What are you taking?
Dr. Gregory House: Painkillers.
Orange patient: Oh, for your... for your leg.
Dr. Gregory House: No, 'cause they're yummy! Want one?

Dr. Gregory House: Chicks dig this
[waves cane]
Dr. Gregory House: It's better than a puppy!

Dr. Cameron: What happened to "Everybody Lies"?
Dr. Gregory House: I lied.

Dr. Gregory House: McPhearson? Horrible doctor, I heard he tortured kittens.
Dr. Lisa Cuddy: No, McDonald.
Dr. Gregory House: Oh, McDonald? Wonderful Doctor, loves kittens

Ok. Back to work.

Remove ads