• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Great Villain Showdown [5th Round Results Posted]

Gomez

First Post
Here is the 5th Round of the Great Villain Showdown. Only 8 Villains are left. Will Hannibal have Coyote for dinner? Will the apprentice defeat the master? Can the Napoleon of Crime defeat the Lord of the Ring? And is the Joke on Galactus?

Round Five:

1. Hannibal Lecter vs Wile E. Coyote

2. Darth Vader vs Emperor Palpatine

3. Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes) vs Sauron (Lord of the Rings)

4. The Joker vs Galactus

Last edited:

Particle_Man

Explorer
1. Hannibal Lecter

2. Darth Vader

3. Sauron (Lord of the Rings)

4. The Joker

1. Only one of these two villains actually gets his dinner.
2. Here I am going with Cool Factor. And when it comes down to it, he *does* kill the other guy.
3. Trickier, as both were "behind the scenes" villains. But Sauron invented The Ring, an item that inherently tries to corrupt those who view it. Kinda like the inventor of Reality Television, really.
4. Again, Cool Factor wins out. Not to dis alien cultures, but The Joker has killed more Earthlings, and has killed more "relevantly related to the Heroes" Earthlings, and not even with the excuse of "needing to feed", but just for *FUN*!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Round Five:

1. Hannibal Lecter

2. Darth Vader

3. Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes)

4. The Joker

Jarrod

First Post
Hannibal vs. Wile E.: Hannibal

Man, you're tough. Hannibal, only because he (as Anthony Hopkins) had more style. I love Wile E. to bits, but Hannibal could do the "guy next door" _scary_ evil.

Darth Vader vs. Palpatine: Palpatine

If you'd asked this right after RotJ, it would have been Darth all the way. Even after Phantom Menace, Darth was up there. But it got ruined; Darth is a whiny teenager that only cares about himself, whereas Palpatine orchestrated the change of a galaxy-wide society into a fascistic regime. And got away with it. And people never even really knew he was the one that pulled it off. That takes _style_.

Moriarty vs. Sauron: Sauron

Not the Sauron of the Lord of the Rings. He was too faceless and "Mwahaha aren't I evil". The Sauron of the downfall of Numenor. The manipulative evil that caused the downfall of a civilization by playing on the king's ego.

The Joker vs. Galactus: the Joker

The scary evil that you can't predict. We all make predictions about our fellow man; based on expected emotions and limits in behavior. You can't do that with the Joker. Where many say "he'd just as soon kill you as look at you", the Joker would kill you and then go buy you a dozen roses.

So, in the end, the votes go to "smooth" and "scary".

Klaus

First Post
1: Wile E. Coyote. Hannibal can try to eat him, but the Coyote will just regenerate from scratch. Plus Hopkins ain't NEAR as fast as Road Runner, so Wile will have no trouble getting a chomp out of him.

2: Vader. Palpatine is eeeeeevil, but Vader is more tragic. He tortured his daughter, amputated his son, killed his mentors and endured the Prequels!

3: Sauron. Sauron's plans span millenia, plus he's capable of bashing 20 soldiers with that mace of his. And he's not obsessed with matching wits with some upstart "detective". He'd just send the Rongwraiths to kill Holmes and be done with it.

4: Joker. Galactus is dorky-looking in that tuning fork helmet and his sidekick is a nude surfing dude. The Joker is a clown (the scariest thing known to man) and his sidekick is a hot chick who's loony and very bendy. ;)

Wombat

First Post
1. Hannibal Lecter: the coyote made it this far? He's only hungry! Hannibal is hungry AND horrible!

2. Darth Vader vs Emperor Palpatine: Neither. Darth is sometimes evil, but tries to be good. The Emperor is simply an ineffective wannabe.

3. Sauron (Lord of the Rings): **sigh** Moriarty is a great villain, but he is matched against the Dark Lord.

4. The Joker: Again, Galactus is just hungry. He is more amoral than evil. The Joker, on the other hand, is sly, nasty, inventive, cruel, weird, and has great hair.

Talgian

First Post
1. Hannibal Lecter vs Wile E. Coyote

2. Darth Vader vs Emperor Palpatine

3. Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes) vs Sauron (Lord of the Rings)

4. The Joker vs Galactus

In the last round, I said that Gomez was the Greatest Villian becuase of the difficult choices we were forced to make. This time I say it's because of the bad puns he makes us endure :p

Carry on,
-Talgian

Dark Jezter

First Post
My picks in the final four...

1. Wile E. Coyote: You've got to admire a villain who is as persistant and single-minded as Wile E. is. No matter how many times he falls off a cliff while trying to catch the roadrunner, he never gives up.

2. Darth Vader: Now this was an interesting showdown! The master versus the apprentice! In the end, though, I chose Vader, who is my pick for the coolest villain in movie history.

3. Professor James Moriarty Sherlock Holmes' arch-nemesis versus a disembodied red eye floating in the sky? This one wasn't even a close choice for me.

4. The Joker: Probably the coolest comic book villain ever.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads