Green Lantern Trailer

Felon

First Post
How so? If you mean the guy with the big head, that's not Sinestro.

OK, I watched it a second time and caught the glimpse of Sinestro. Is Big-Head supposed to be Hector Hammond?

How so? If you mean the guy with the big head, that's not Sinestro.

But isn't that Hal Jordan in general?

He was pretty obnoxious before he became GL in most versions of his origin.
Yeah, sort of. He's an archetypical test pilot, so he's got the whole cocky, top-gun, alpha-male thing going on. The trailer makes him look like a bit of a clown, which Hal is not. Remember when he and Green and Arrow were doing their little mismatched cop series back in the seventies? Hal was the straight-laced conservative, the cop who goes by the book. He was the tin man in that relationship.

That's why Kyle Rainer was so polarizing, because he didn't fit the authoritative mold cast by Hal.

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
OK, I watched it a second time and caught the glimpse of Sinestro. Is Big-Head supposed to be Hector Hammond?

Yeah, sort of. He's an archetypical test pilot, so he's got the whole cocky, top-gun, alpha-male thing going on. The trailer makes him look like a bit of a clown, which Hal is not. Remember when he and Green and Arrow were doing their little mismatched cop series back in the seventies? Hal was the straight-laced conservative, the cop who goes by the book. He was the tin man in that relationship.

That's why Kyle Rainer was so polarizing, because he didn't fit the authoritative mold cast by Hal.
Yeah, that's Hector Hammond.

And the GL/GA run did a bit of a retcon with Hal's personality. I can't even recall how many times Hal quit the Corps because he disagreed with the Guardians, the most famous of which was during Crisis on Infinite Earths (which explains why John Stewart was the GL in Crisis #1).

Felon

First Post
And the GL/GA run did a bit of a retcon with Hal's personality. I can't even recall how many times Hal quit the Corps because he disagreed with the Guardians, the most famous of which was during Crisis on Infinite Earths (which explains why John Stewart was the GL in Crisis #1).
I don't think GL/GA did a retcon. Before O'Neal and Adams, the blue boys were depicted as the infallible authority of right and wrong. They were called "Guardians of the Universe" without a hint of facetiousness. It's during that run that Hal starts to question authority.

But like I said, he wasn't a screw-up, which is kind of the way the trailer makes him look.

Klaus

First Post
Look at these panels from 1965 (after Hal crashes a plane due to some dude in a cape):

planecrash0307.jpg

planecrash0308.jpg

Remove ads