• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Green Ronin] M&M Superlink to Become Super-Powered by M&M

Pramas

Explorer
As longtime fans surely know, Green Ronin has been running one of the most successful OGL licensing programs, M&M Superlink, since the early days of Mutants & Masterminds. With the announcement of M&M third edition, Superlink publishers have naturally wanted to know if we’d be continuing the program. The short answer is yes, as we value the support of the M&M Superlink community. We are, however, going to make some changes. Don’t worry—they should make things easier for everybody. I’m going to outline our plans here and then we’ll be providing the new trademark license and logo as we get closer to launch. So here’s what’s happening:

• The new program is called Super-Powered by M&M. We are changing the name to make it crystal clear which products are compatible with Mutants & Masterminds third edition. If you see an M&M Superlink logo, you know that product is for an older edition.
• We are taking this opportunity to bring M&M’s licensing program in line with that of True20 Adventure Roleplaying. This means there will be a Super-Powered by M&M Trademark License and publishers will need to sign that and mail it in. It also means that we’ll be doing away with the approval part of the process. Publishers won’t have to wait for a GR staffer to look over and approve products anymore. We trust that the community can look after itself.
• The Super-Powered by M&M Trademark License will be very similar to the True20 Adventure Roleplaying Trademark License, so you can take a look at that on Licensing True20 - True20 Adventure Roleplaying to get a sense of it. One clause we are adding regards companies that violated the M&M Superlink license. Basically, if we banned you from Superlink, you can’t use the Super-Powered by M&M Trademark License.
• We will be ending the M&M Superlink program this summer. We will not be approving any products submitted after July 31, 2010. You can continue to sell your existing Superlink products.
• You’ll be able to publish Super-Powered by M&M products starting January 1, 2011. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to digest the new rules before creating product for it.
• We suggest publishers who want to get a head start on products get the DC Adventures Hero’s Handbook this summer. Since it and M&M3 share the same rules, you’ll be able to see the system in action before M&M3 proper comes out.

Those are the basics. Stay tuned for more news about Super-Powered by M&M in the coming months.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Congrats, Chris! Good to see the game continue to improve and that you're continuing the license (in a new way, but still cool).

afstanton

Explorer
Looks like it's already up for preorder on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/DC-Adventures-Handbook-Steve-Kenson/dp/1934547379/"]Amazon[/ame].

Rhinotaur

First Post
I believe I may have to make my previously published super hero comic books into supplements that are Super Powered by M&M.

Also looking forward to getting my hands on that DC Adventures: Hero's Handbook.

Remove ads