Green Ronin to publish print version of Sidewinder!

d4

First Post
looks like the cowpokes and Doghouse Rules and Green Ronin have come to an agreement to publish DHR's Sidewinder: Recoiled (d20 Modern Wild West gaming) under GR's Mythic Vistas line!

i've already got my POD copy of Sidewinder from DHR, but i like the idea of the book getting a regular print distribution, and making its way into gaming stores.

Geoff

First Post
d4 said:
looks like the cowpokes and Doghouse Rules and Green Ronin have come to an agreement to publish DHR's Sidewinder: Recoiled (d20 Modern Wild West gaming) under GR's Mythic Vistas line!

i've already got my POD copy of Sidewinder from DHR, but i like the idea of the book getting a regular print distribution, and making its way into gaming stores.

Yup, and we are as happy as a pig in a poke with the fact that come October, you'll be able to rustle up a copy at your local game store. Hopefully this will give roleplaying in the Wild West a little nudge towards the front of the line.

Last edited:

DeBracy

First Post
Great news indeed. When I first read it this morning over at the WotC d20M board I quickly ended up at the Green Ronin site and it put a big smile on my face. :D Since I live in Sweden I've been a bit hesitant of ordering a POD copy. Now I'll get to buy it "at home" if I just wait for a while... ;)

I really hope there'll be more "historical" releases for d20M in the future!

Geoff

First Post
DeBracy said:
Great news indeed. When I first read it this morning over at the WotC d20M board I quickly ended up at the Green Ronin site and it put a big smile on my face. :D Since I live in Sweden I've been a bit hesitant of ordering a POD copy. Now I'll get to buy it "at home" if I just wait for a while... ;)

I really hope there'll be more "historical" releases for d20M in the future!

Great news indeed that you will be able to get ahold of it easier across the pond. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that Wild West roleplaying is pretty popular in Europe.

DeBracy

First Post
Geoff said:
Great news indeed that you will be able to get ahold of it easier across the pond. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that Wild West roleplaying is pretty popular in Europe.

It seems you're right. As I said I live in Sweden, and the first Wild West roleplaying game in Swedish came out around 1989 - today it's still available (2nd or 3rd edition I think). I just heard something about the game having been sold to Spanish and Italian companies as well. These things would suggest that there is indeed a loyal following in Europe.

Come October I'll do my best to join in as well. ;)

Geoff

First Post
DeBracy said:
It seems you're right. As I said I live in Sweden, and the first Wild West roleplaying game in Swedish came out around 1989 - today it's still available (2nd or 3rd edition I think). I just heard something about the game having been sold to Spanish and Italian companies as well. These things would suggest that there is indeed a loyal following in Europe.

Come October I'll do my best to join in as well. ;)

I find this pretty interesting that the European gaming community likes playing in the Wild West. Is there any reason you know of that contributes to this besides it just being a fascinating period in American history?

Remove ads