Green Ronin To Publish The Expanse RPG

Green Ronin have announced they have signed a licensing agreement with James S. A. Corey to adapt The Expanse series of novels as a tabletop roleplaying game. The Expanse series is one of the best sci-fi series of novels and novellas around at present and is currently also on TV screens worldwide as a hit TV series.

Green Ronin have announced they have signed a licensing agreement with James S. A. Corey to adapt The Expanse series of novels as a tabletop roleplaying game. The Expanse series is one of the best sci-fi series of novels and novellas around at present and is currently also on TV screens worldwide as a hit TV series.

“The Expanse is the most exciting thing to happen in science fiction in the last decade,” said Green Ronin President Chris Pramas. “It’s not just that they are cracking good stories—which of course, they are—but like all of the best science fiction they reflect the issues of today. We could not be more delighted to bring the Expanse to roleplaying games.”

“The Expanse began as a gaming concept nearly two decades ago, and was played as a home brewed RPG for years before becoming a book series,” said Ty Franck. “To have Green Ronin taking the universe of The Expanse back to its roots is very exciting. I’ve loved their game adaptations of other literary works, and I couldn’t be happier to be partnering with them on this project.”

“I came to the story first as a RPG, and clearly I had a great time with it,” added Daniel Abraham. “I’m delighted to have other gamers get the chance to make their own stories in this setting.”

Green Ronin will run a crowdfunding campaign for The Expanse RPG next year and publish the game in August, 2018. The Expanse RPG will use Green Ronin’s popular Adventure Game Engine, which powers its Blue Rose, Fantasy AGE, and Modern AGE RPGs. More information about The Expanse RPG will appear on greenronin.com in the coming months.

You can read the Full Press Release here.

thzero

First Post
Calling the AGE system popular might be a bit of a stretch. But yeah, with it being AGE I'll give it a pass. Even SavageWorlds would have been a better system for it.

Jhaelen

First Post
TPKs do happen in D&D despite their system. It's not an exact science. That's why I roll behind a screen...
And it's why I always roll in full view of the players. I _like_ that there's a chance for TPKs.

P.S.: Actually, I don't use a screen, I prefer to see my players, and them to see me - in my full glory ;-)

Remove ads

Remove ads