Greenflame Blade Cantrip from SCAG, Courtesy of EXTRA LIFE

Cool. How did you get the link? It's not showing up as live on either the Extra Life page or the D&D website page. The wording of the cantrip feels a little awkward to me but I think I like the overall effect. If I'm reading it correctly, it essentially works like this: 1st level 1st target: normal attack effects 2nd target: ability mod fire dmg 5th level 1st target: normal attack effects...

Cool. How did you get the link? It's not showing up as live on either the Extra Life page or the D&D website page.

The wording of the cantrip feels a little awkward to me but I think I like the overall effect. If I'm reading it correctly, it essentially works like this:

1st level
1st target: normal attack effects
2nd target: ability mod fire dmg

5th level
1st target: normal attack effects + 1d8 fire dmg
2nd target: 1d8+mod fire dmg

11th level
1st target: normal attack effects + 2d8 fire dmg
2nd target: 2d8+mod fire dmg

17th level
1st target: normal attack effects + 3d8 fire dmg
2nd target: 3d8+mod fire dmg

Is that right?

gyor

Legend
This would be a great cantrip for favoured souls, attack twice with your normal attacks and then use a quickened Greenfire Blade Cantrip.

I do like the cantrip. Wven for a rogue arcane trickster. You give up the option for a second attack. I really do like every incentive not to do twf with every class.
One thing I hope is that the bladesinger will either gain proficiency in rapiers or even gain finesse on long swords when wielding them one handed.

Prism

Explorer
I do like the cantrip. Wven for a rogue arcane trickster. You give up the option for a second attack. I really do like every incentive not to do twf with every class.

I agree that is important. Having seen a rogue in our party miss fairly often with his first attack and rely on the follow up second weapon to get the sneak damage in that round, its a risk to cast this cantrip assuming it will always be better. Without the second opponent being adjacent i'm not sure how worth it, it really is.

Samurai

Adventurer
Cool. How did you get the link? It's not showing up as live on either the Extra Life page or the D&D website page.

The wording of the cantrip feels a little awkward to me but I think I like the overall effect. If I'm reading it correctly, it essentially works like this:

1st level
1st target: normal attack effects
2nd target: ability mod fire dmg

5th level
1st target: normal attack effects + 1d8 fire dmg
2nd target: 1d8+mod fire dmg

11th level
1st target: normal attack effects + 2d8 fire dmg
2nd target: 2d8+mod fire dmg

17th level
1st target: normal attack effects + 3d8 fire dmg
2nd target: 3d8+mod fire dmg

Is that right?

Yes, but you also have to shout "GREEN FLAME!" when the spell goes off, or else Chris Perkins will be unhappy.

Remove ads

Remove ads