Dragonlance Greyhawk and Dragonlance on DM's Guild

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The problem with Dragonlance is what would you even do with it? The War of the Lance is intimately tied to certain characters.
There is a better setting for the consequences of war in Eberron.
There is the pre Cataclysm period. But in that time period Good was no better and actively worse than Evil.
I suppose it could be a setting to play in if you hate elves. Dragonlance elves are jerks. Dragonlance gnomes and gully dwarves and kender are horrid little gits also.

Per the DMG, Dragonlance is the ideal setting for Epic Fantasy, instead of the standard High Fantasy of the Forgotten Realms.

The original DL modules had the pregens, sure, but it was entirely possible to play them with original PCs, and if they do a Ghosts of Saltmarsh they would emphasize using your own PCs.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, it strikes me that something that would be good to see would be a couple of books along the line sof the Wayfinders Guide to Eberron, one by the Hickmans and Margaret Weiss for Dragonlance, another for Greyhawk by maybe Luke Gygax.

I'd buy that.

This is a little annoying. I already have the 2 books. Now I'm gonna feel like I'll be missing out if I dont buy the new combined book. I'm sure the added material will make it better. The book will fit in better with the other books (higher quality paper and not the construction paper feel of the original entry). I'm annoyed by it but I'm glad they are doing it.

I donated mine a while ago. I was looking to replace them sometime in the future. But I get that.
My problem is I want to run it but I’m not sure when I could.

That's not a bad idea. I may donate mine to a high school gaming club or something. Maybe donate it to a local shop (not a FLGS, kind of a mix of things, use to be a head shop but the owner has toned it down and supports game nights along with other specialty nights) that hosts a game night.

I've had it since it came out. I wanted to run it but we ended up running lost minds (I think that was the best introduction for my players cause now they're hooked). Real life and boot camp happened and when we got back to gaming I picked up ToA.

Could anybody be allowed to create a sourcebook about the third continent from Krynn or alternative timelines? Or a module set in Greyhawk but some years later, with some change in the metaplot.

If the zeppelin airship is canon in Guide of Arms & Equipment... would this allo to explore the planet to discover new continents? If Spelljamers are possible in the Greysphere, why not airships? This would allow other races (and classes) as visitors from other crystal spheres.

* My opinion is we will not new titles of Dragonlance until after the D&D movie and to be sure about how to create the right blockbuster with Dragonlance. But the movie could cause an accidental reboot or retcon about some little details.

jasper

Rotten DM
This is a little annoying. I already have the 2 books. Now I'm gonna feel like I'll be missing out if I dont buy the new combined book. I'm sure the added material will make it better. The book will fit in better with the other books (higher quality paper and not the construction paper feel of the original entry). I'm annoyed by it but I'm glad they are doing it.
I will help you. Donate your two books to me and I pass them along during the dirty santa party in December. Sign someone famous name and I say I got from them. haahahahhaha

Remove ads