Dragonlance Greyhawk and Dragonlance on DM's Guild

gyor

Legend
I've just noticed that Greyhawk and Dragonlance are now listed among the settings available for DM's Guild content, although neither actually has any products available yet.

Is this new, or have I just been out of the loop?

To my knowledge it's new, BUT Greyhawk does have 1 Product out, Saltmarsh.

But Dragonlance has just a couple of mentions in various books.

This means 1 of two things. They are about to get an as yet unannounced Setting book each, ala Wayfinders Guide to Eberron. Or and for more disappointing for fans of these setting they aren't getting a 5e Setting at all, so there is no point in witholding them from DMGUILD, because there is no official book to wait for.

Hopefully its the former reason and not the latter reason.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I've just noticed that Greyhawk and Dragonlance are now listed among the settings available for DM's Guild content, although neither actually has any products available yet.

Where do you see that? They exist in the category for Settings along the side, for historical products and has for a while (Dark Sun and Planescape are in the same boat), but the DmsGuild document still says the following:

I don’t see anything that would stop me from publishing a Greyhawk or Zendikar or Dark Sun product on DMs Guild. Can I do that?
For now, DMs Guild is limited to the Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, and Ravnica settings only, although you can also publish anything for 5th Edition that (i) is generic enough to be used in a permitted setting without effort and (ii) doesn’t explicitly use anything related to another official Wizards setting.

For example, you can mention Forgotten Realms deities such as Azuth or Mystra, but you can’t mention Boccob, Vecna, Aureon, Lunitari, or any other deity from another official D&D setting that hasn't been permitted here.

Is DMs Guild going to remain Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, and Ravnica only, or will other settings be considered in the future?
As we did with Ravenloft when Curse of Strahd was released and with Eberron when Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron was released, we intend to open up additional settings and IP as D&D 5e grows.

However, for the time being, only Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, and Ravnica are permitted.

darjr

I crit!
Link? The one I have still says

162B6A0B-6267-4C5E-B749-1C10436CDA4D.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend

OH. I see, when you select "DMsGuild" in content, the number of Settings is reduced to:

There are no products under either Setting. You have either found a bug or a feature in the middle of implementation.

Veeeeery interesting....

Parmandur

Book-Friend
To my knowledge it's new, BUT Greyhawk does have 1 Product out, Saltmarsh.

But Dragonlance has just a couple of mentions in various books.

This means 1 of two things. They are about to get an as yet unannounced Setting book each, ala Wayfinders Guide to Eberron. Or and for more disappointing for fans of these setting they aren't getting a 5e Setting at all, so there is no point in witholding them from DMGUILD, because there is no official book to wait for.

Hopefully its the former reason and not the latter reason.

Assuming this is not just a ghost in the machine, then this probably reveals something about their product plans for next year. Not sure what, but something.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases