Dragonlance Greyhawk and Dragonlance on DM's Guild

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They aren't in the uploads section..

View attachment 114402

Well, if they are still building out availability for something upcoming, they may not have pulled the switch yet even as they are working on it for the backend.

Greyhawk isn't super-surprising, as Ghosts of Saltmarsh kind of signaled that as upcoming down the road...but Dragonlance suggests something more coming down the pipeline.

If Greyhawk is allowed.... also the other planets (Yarth, Uerth, Aerth)? This could allow spin-off with new continents and adventures with low-level of magic.

If the time-travel is canon in Dragonlance.... what if Krynn is the battlefield of chronomancers, time dragons and invaders from other time spheres? I would be interesting a binder using here heroes of the lance as vestige patrons for pact magic.

Staffan

Legend
For now, DMs Guild is limited to the Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, and Ravnica settings only, although you can also publish anything for 5th Edition that (i) is generic enough to be used in a permitted setting without effort and (ii) doesn’t explicitly use anything related to another official Wizards setting.

For example, you can mention Forgotten Realms deities such as Azuth or Mystra, but you can’t mention Boccob, Vecna, Aureon, Lunitari, or any other deity from another official D&D setting that hasn't been permitted here.
Huh. I guess someone forgot to update the list of non-allowed gods when they added Eberron to the DM's Guild...

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
This means 1 of two things. They are about to get an as yet unannounced Setting book each, ala Wayfinders Guide to Eberron. Or and for more disappointing for fans of these setting they aren't getting a 5e Setting at all, so there is no point in witholding them from DMGUILD, because there is no official book to wait for.

Hopefully its the former reason and not the latter reason.

My take is the same conclusion but with 180 degree swapped energy. TSR financially split it's base among a large number of competing settings, that any book coming out only had a fraction of the D&D market. I think there was recent ENworld columns about it in the last few months.

So I really want WotC to go slow and careful with settings. Enough to keep player interest, and to woo player (new and returning), but no more. So I hop they aren't coming out with DragonLance and Greyhawk on top of Eberron.

On the flip side, there are a lot of great settings. Letting a 3rd party license them for an edition, or even just putting them on DMsguide means that they get a cut financially, the IP is kept alive and with an active fanbase for future releases, and Wizards is not fragmenting it's own product line.

So I really hope they aren't coming out with them, and that we get to see lots of great fan creations on DMsguild.

Last edited:

On the flip side, there are a lot of great settings. Letting a 4rd party license them for an edition, or even just putting them on DMsguide means that they get a cut financially, the IP is kept alive and with an active fanbase for future releases, and Wizards is not fragmenting it's own product line.
This is the best take. Revive those damned licenses. Have the fans write their piece with creative oversight from Wizards to maintain intersetting coherency. Wizards gets their cut. Everyone wins.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
To my knowledge it's new, BUT Greyhawk does have 1 Product out, Saltmarsh.

But Dragonlance has just a couple of mentions in various books.

This means 1 of two things. They are about to get an as yet unannounced Setting book each, ala Wayfinders Guide to Eberron. Or and for more disappointing for fans of these setting they aren't getting a 5e Setting at all, so there is no point in witholding them from DMGUILD, because there is no official book to wait for.

Hopefully its the former reason and not the latter reason.

Thinking about this, there are in-between possibilities: maybe they will publish a 5E conversion of the original DL modules soon, and open up DL on that basis, and Greyhawk because of GoS.

Interesting times lie ahead...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's been like this for a while. I think when they first released Ravenloft, all those categories appeared.

So, all of the available Settings can be selected on the main page, like so:

Screenshot_20190928-191631.png

But now, if you select DMs Guild under "Content" the number of options narrows to what is available from DMs Guild content producers, which now has two new yet empty options:

Screenshot_20190928-191658.png

Remove ads