Greyhawk : D20 other worlds crossover

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Thank you all for the help guys, I do not answer quickly, but I need time to collect my ideas. I am still thinking about what I will do, so I will ask yet again for ideas and comments, and your help is very welcome since it saves me a lot of time in organising my future games.

Now, so far my ideas are :

My charcaters are chasing a mac guffin, created by a catastrophe caused long ago by proto-elves (leshay from epic level handbook). They will keep looking for hints on these elves, meaning they would have to meet plenty of elves from all kind of settings, to shed some light on that matter.

After my players finish Return of the Eight, they will hopefully have a grateful Tenser with them, and access to information from the Circle of Eight.

They will no doubt ask for some information about their quest.

My plan would then be to tell them that the key to their quest (the macguffin) lies on the fabled Isle of the Ape, which is sadly not of this world anymore. however, it can still be reached through a network of extremely ancient and not used anymore portals called "the ways" (the ones from Wheel of Time), one of which is located in Tenser's castle. For some unknown reason, the druids banned their use a long time ago, and set up guardians on the way. They would have a set of symbols to follow to point them in the right direction, but that's it.

Question 1 : What could the symbols be ?

Unfortunately, aside from equipping them, Tenser cannot do much more for them, as he has no knowledge remaining from his travel time to the Isle.

Question 2 : What could cause such a high level wizard to have some of his memories erased ?

Then, on their way inside the Ways, the players would find them in a very sorry shape, and find the way to the gate they need collapsed into so much rubble floating above the void. Then they would meet Mashin Shan (whatever the spelling) and would have to flee into the nearest portal...

They would then land into the Wheel of Time world, right into the battle between children of light and seanchan at falme.

From there they would play some of the events of the prophecy of the Dragon adventure, until they can either :
Enter the White Tower
Find a portal
Find an ogier Stedding
Find the Dragon Reborn.

All the while avoiding Aes Sedai willing to still all these arrogant male spellcasters.

Question 3 : Any ideas / comments here ?

After the next portal, they would be in the Ways again, to face the same problem yet again, this time landing into the Scarred Lands, yet again in the middle of a huge battle (as per Nightfall post).

At some point they would get halp from knights in silver, learn that a similar portal is in Hollowfaust, in the ruins of the old city, and travel to there.

Question 4 : What would happen to them on the way ? Any module to suggest ?

I am about there for now.

Then they find the portal and ... you guess the pattern. Things keep repeating until they finish their plane - hopping.

I would make them visit most of the D20 worlds, with long stays in each at first, growing ever shorter as they near their goal. (maybe three sessions for the first ones, one at most for the last ones).

In my plans I have for now those plans:
Excluded Planescape, Oathbound and Ravenloft (save them for later stages of the campaign), as it would break my "alternate world road movie" feel.
Excluded Dawnforge (because the "beginning of times" does not go well with my doomsday approach).
Exclude Middle Earth (they know it far too well).

Included DL (starting in Pax Tharkas), Arcanis (visit great Coryan and Ymandragore ?), Midnight (all advice welcome), Dark Sun City by the silt sea maybe) and Kalamar (city of ardarr-Nor, why not ?).

Included Conan, Rokugan and Warcraft, but only as mini-vignettes (too different in my tastes, and I need to save time somewhere).

Would like to include Lankhmar and Iron Kingdoms, but not sure how.

Unsure about Erde, Birthright, FR (full adventure or mini-vignette), Mystara, archipelagos, and any others I may have forgotten.

Question 5 : which adventure modules would you suggest in each case, if any ?

And in each case, I need to illustrate : the difference in elves + law vs chaos. All ideas welcome.

In the end, when my players go back to greyhawk, they will have seen a lot of the marvels of the multiverse, and reopened a lot of old planar pathways, possibly followed by all sorts of interesting monsters and individuals.

I am repeating myself, but I really appreciate feedback on all this, as it is quite an ambitious plan on my part, and I know it won't be easy to pull off.

regards

Remove ads