Greyhawk - Return of the Slavelords! Part 1

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

"Very strange, Rauxy didn't see anybody. I think we should move in and get a good look ourselves."

ooc: Are there any trees near the wall tall enough to allow one to see over the wall?

Someone

Adventurer
"No one? They inside a tower, or did they leave? They had a cart, and animals. This too strange." says Norbac.

"What if we try the main door?"

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Scotley said:
"Very strange, Rauxy didn't see anybody. I think we should move in and get a good look ourselves."

ooc: Are there any trees near the wall tall enough to allow one to see over the wall?

[occ]Yes there are trees taller then the walls fairly close by, but no limbs or anything hang over the walls...[/occ]

Scotley

Hero

Someone said:
"No one? They inside a tower, or did they leave? They had a cart, and animals. This too strange." says Norbac.

"What if we try the main door?"

"Strange indeed, I think I'll just climb one of these trees and have a look for myself." Verrick proceeds to select a large tree and climb it on the side away from the castle then have a look.

ooc: Climb check 12+3=15 Spot check 9+10=19

Karl Green

First Post
Verrick quickly scrambles up one of the near by trees... bark and limbs snap off quit easily, but the scent of rot and wet decay is very strong and almost causes him to gag a couple of times. White, sickly mushrooms and other fungus cling to the tree and make the tree almost moist to his touch… it is not a pleasant feeling.

When Verrick gets to about 30 ft and can see into the courtyard it looks old and decrepit… and abandoned. No people or animals or big wagon can be seen. The arrow slits and windows that he can see though on the wall and by the main tower are dark pit, no sighs of life or actively can be seen within them. There does appear to be a large stable or something around one of the corners of the fort that Verrick can’t see into that might hold the wagon. Looking toward the gatehouse he can see that the gate is wide open. Also over on the north side of the fort, part of the wall appears to have collapsed and is just a pile of stone.

Yet, Verrick cannot get over the feeling of foreboding that he gets looking into the courtyard… it seems as if something very cold is waiting for him there, waiting and watching him.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero

Could this be some sort of illusion?

Verrick climbs down carefully. "I can see no one and no sign of the wagon within. This place really feels cold and forbidding. I can't shake the feeling that I was watched. I guess we should approach carefully and venture in."

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac adjusts his armor and checks the weapons. "What we waiting, then?" says. "Uh, only a moment. I´ll call Tithereon´s protection upon you"

Norbac touches Verrick´s armor, confering it added strenght. [ooc: now yes, cast Magic Vestment.]

wysiwyg

First Post
Lorien, Human Ranger

Lorien notches an arrow to his bow. He will walk at the rear of the party so that he could get as many shots as possible.

Scotley

Hero

Someone said:
Norbac touches Verrick´s armor, confering it added strenght. [ooc: now yes, cast Magic Vestment.]

"Thank you my friend. Let us see what fate has in store for us." Verrick follows Lorien's example and readies his bow."

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]Assuming that the group is moving towards the front gate...[/occ]

The group start moving towards the main gate... no sounds can be heard within anywhere around them. As they are almost to the front gate...

secret rolls for the group

...when Lorien catches the flash of light off metal deep in the wood. Suddenly he see four or five huge dire hyenas with Gnoll riders. Two of the Gnolls are readying bows to fire while another two or three (hard to tell as the moving quickly though the trees, in and out of cover) have javelins out and charging towards the group… it takes Lorien a split second to realizes that they are making NO noise as the race through the trees towards the group. Suddenly one of the Gnolls and dire Hyenas breaks out a bit farther away from the others and it insane laugher and baying snaps into the existence… Verrick and Refleev are turn quickly towards the attack while the rest of the group is shocked with surprise!

Lorien, Verrick, and Refleev can roll initiative for the surprise… the rest are surprised… Make your initiative rolls, and any attack rolls that you are going to make. Remember this is the surprise round, partial action only

Remove ads