Greyhawk - Return of the Slavelords! Part 1

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]Just want to make sure about what the plan is before posting next... so Lorien, Defrel, and Refleev will make their way to the other side of the valley (on horseback it will take about an hour). Then Philo, Norbac, Genaa and Verrick will create a deversion and...then?[/occ]

Someone

Adventurer
(OOC: Either wysiwyg or I did not understand exactly what you said. If I´m right, there´s another way to reach the woods and the castle that has at least some cover from fallen boulders and can only be spotted from one tower. Since it´s clearly the best path, why should be divide our forces -always a bad idea- and start a diversion that will scream we´re here!? I suggest that we all simply go through the dried gully)

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

ooc: I think the idea of spliting the party had to do with the fact that we didn't know of a good reasonably concealed route in. However, I think the question is still if some of the party should wait until darkness to approach. How stealthy is everyone? One tower could still be a lot of sentries.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Norbac is slightly more stealthy than the average cleric, and that´s not a lot. However, half a party is as good as no party. If we want some exploration, one is enough.

IC: Norbac scratches the back of his neck and grunts: "The simplest the plant, the better, I learned that in the war. We all go there through the gully, storm the place and shove that guy´s skull helmet where the sun doesn´t shine. Anything involving dividing the people, distractions and that kind of things are just opportunities for something to fail."

Karl Green

First Post
Someone said:
(OOC: Either wysiwyg or I did not understand exactly what you said. If I´m right, there´s another way to reach the woods and the castle that has at least some cover from fallen boulders and can only be spotted from one tower. Since it´s clearly the best path, why should be divide our forces -always a bad idea- and start a diversion that will scream we´re here!? I suggest that we all simply go through the dried gully)

[occ]I explained it poorly... the dried gully is not to far away and all could try moving through that (on foot). The rock slide is on the opposite side of the valley so you would have to ride 'around' to get to it (back of the hills, out of sight of the towers etc). Sorry, is that sort of a better explaination?[/occ]

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Lorien, Human Ranger

"Okay. How about we take the shortest route - through the gully. But let's try and avoid taking on a full-in-your-face-storm, PLEASE!!! If we are going for an all out war, we might as well just knock on the castle's doors and ask to use their privy. "

"How about Defrel, Refleev and I going three minutes ahead of the group (incognito) to see if there is anything lurking out there?"

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

"Okay, Lorien that works for me. Maybe my familiar can spot some watchers in the gully." Lets Rauxy fly one pass above the gully and back looking for danger.

Karl Green

First Post
Rauxy does a quick fly over the gully…
secret Spot roll for Rauxy
…giving Verrick a 'safe' feeling when he lands back on his arm.

Lorien, Defrel and Refleev make their way over to the gully on foot and start down the dry bed…
I will make secret Hide rolls for each
…sticking as close to cover as they can them make there way down. A few minutes later the rest of the party starts following them. Within 15 minutes or so they make their way into the diseased woods, apparently without raising any alarm from the keep.

Still leading, Lorien, Defrel and Refleev make their way into the woods. Strange stones can be seen stick out here in there from the deep vegetation. They have weather worn runes on many of them… some ancient castle or manor wall might once have stood in this area but it must have fallen hundreds if not thousands of years ago to have been worn down to such a state. Up the hill and deeper into the wood, the group continues, when though the trees those in front can see the black walls of the keep. No birds or animals have been heard throughout the short trek, nor any even bugs been seen…

The walls look to be about 25ft high, thick dull dark stone of some kind. They are very weathers and fairly smooth; not any easy climb. One of the towers can also be seen from this vantage point; it is roughly 70 or 80ft high and a blocky square. No windows or even arrow slits are lower then 20ft from the ground. The trees seem to grow up fairly close to the keep, but no branches or anything grow over the wall, and the trees smell dead and in a deep state of decay. There are no sounds coming from the area that anyone can hear.

The main gate is probably to the left of where the part is at present…

[occ]and where to next?[/occ]

Last edited:

Remove ads