Grim Tales PDF...

I'd pay for an art free version of the original rules and I'd pay for a revised edition as well. Oh and release Slavelords Of Cydonia while you're at it. :) Oh and another thing while I'm wishing: Trailblazer Lethids, 'nuff said.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I'd pay for an art free version of the original rules and I'd pay for a revised edition as well. Oh and release Slavelords Of Cydonia while you're at it. :) Oh and another thing while I'm wishing: Trailblazer Lethids, 'nuff said.

Our monster manual WILL include the various lethid genotypes. (Probably that's news to Chris...)

As for Slavelords, if you want that, please [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Slavelords-Cydonia-Adventure-Sourcebook-BAG04202/dp/0972041680/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262892470&sr=8-1"]buy it in hardcover from Amazon[/ame]. I highly recommend it for any DM who wants to get a fresh look at the entire "serial adventure" concept.

joela

First Post
patronage GM

A straight up "rip" PDF of Grim Tales isn't going to happen-- most of the copyrights to the interior artwork have reverted to the artists.

It's a pet peeve of mine that publishers buy out the copyrights. I believe-- and still do, despite it being inconvenient for me-- that artists should keep their copyrights.

I could certainly rip the text and make that available.

So second question:

1) Would you prefer a rip of the original Grim Tales text?

2) Would you prefer a rip of my (languishing) Grim Tales revision? The revision is sitting on my hard drive and includes some things that I developed in later years-- Mythic Heroes stuff, reworked skills, etc. But it's kind of spotty. It would take some work to release.

Hmm... The more I think about this the more I warm up to the idea of taking the Trailblazer scalpel to Grim Tales. I could release #1 quickly, and for free, and then work up a revised PDF...

It would really depend on interest-- and although I love all you niche fans dearly... Well, I am a lazy, lazy man after all.

You could do it as a patronage project like this guy or this company :heh:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
You could do it as a patronage project like this guy or this company :heh:

I will definitely be doing a patronage project in the (very) near future, simply to test out the concept.

I think it is a great model for roleplaying games in particular, but I have some differences with the way the folks above are going about it. In short, I think it's a great way to raise capital to pay freelancers (both writers and artists) to improve the final quality of the work, but I personally wouldn't structure it in a way to distribute the financial risk of a work.

joela

First Post
In short, I think it's a great way to raise capital to pay freelancers (both writers and artists) to improve the final quality of the work, but I personally wouldn't structure it in a way to distribute the financial risk of a work.

Ala said funds would be used for the best editors, cartographers, artists, etc.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases